Opie the fila mix, lab mix, golden retriever mix, coonhound, etc.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Opie the possible fila mix was returned to FOHA because he aparrently nipped a two year old child. I don't think whoever was in charge of this adoption should have adopted Opie out to a home with small children in the first place. He's quite sensitive and a harsh word just crushes him. Opie was scared to come out of the run. I had to go in and get him, and he pressed himself up against the back of the run as if he was trying to disappear. After I got Opie on a leash, Stef and I had to use processed cheese to lure him away from the run. He's sooo sweet and loves attention.This boy has my heart.

Yum, cheese!

You give me more cheese plz

Me and Opie

Opie face

MORE

Sweet72947

Squishy face
This is Loretta, she's a sweet little thing. Possible pointer or ACD mix?

This is Brogan. He's just a DOLL. So gentle and sweet. He melts me.

Nyah! I stick my tongue out at you!

MORE

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Brogan body shot.

This is Takoma, she's one of our older dogs. She's a bit skinny and is missing patches of fur on her rear. What a sweet dog though!

Another old girl, Lucy Lynn. She has some bad ear infections and her body and coat condition seem a bit neglected. Lucy is dog friendly.

MORE

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Looking to Takoma's run. Lucy seemed to have a connection to this dog (for all I know maybe they came from the same place, I should look at their paperwork next week and see).

Sad old face.

MORE

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Pretty new lab mix. I can't remember her name! She's like a female Middie!

You have ball?

BALL!

This is Zeeva, obviously a golden retriever. She is a LOVE.

MORE

Sweet72947

Squishy face

I luvs to RUN!

This is Cassidy, a Treeing Walker Coonhound. She's been at FOHA FOREVER because she is INSANE with energy and pulls on the leash like crap. Cassidy LOVES other dogs and LOVES to have fun! She needs an active owner with no small children!

MORE

filarotten

Fila the love
Oh gosh! I hate pictures like these they make me so sad. They are all so cute. I hope they good find homes.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Um, they're sad? These dogs were all taken from high kill shelters and bad situations and are now living at a lovely no-kill shelter where they are treated well. For some of them, it might be as good as their lives have ever been, especially for the cats. They get love and attention and as much food as they can eat, and medical treatment. Many of them go to foster homes. The best part is that most of them will be adopted some day and will live the rest of their lives in loving homes, hopefully never to be returned.

So I would definitely not use "sad" as a description for these pictures. "Awesome?" "Wonderful?" Those, certainly.

If shelter pictures bother some people, there is always the option of not viewing the thread. :)

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I don't think anyone was "bothered" by the pictures. It is sad that these dogs are in a shelter and not in their ORIGINAL home... so yes, in that aspect, I think it is pretty sad. I think it is sad that these lovely dogs got returned for reasons that are not fair... and now they are back at the shelter and don't know what happened to their home.

Thinking that Opie was so scared, makes me sad. And look at Lucy's face. I just want to scoop her up and place her on my couch, and tell her everything is okay. So yes.... in that aspect it is sad.

That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the pictures or that the animals have it bad at the shelter. I do not doubt that, for a shelter, they got a pretty **** good!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Not fair !!!! Why did you post these !!! Sob !!!
I hate pictures like these they make me so sad.
Sounds bothered to me - I'm not sure which posts you were reading, but those were the ones I saw.

I find it rude to post stuff like this in a thread with pictures, honestly. I'm sure Cristy is very appreciative of how much people hate her cute pictures of animals who have been saved from death or worse.

Members online

No members online now.