Need Advice

Hello,
I have a 5 month old, 50lbs. Saint Bernard. He is my shadow we go just
about everywhere together. I have a random question. I am very well
aware that he could be anywhere from 150-200 lbs. Right now I have
a four door chevy cavalier, which I am planning on upgrading, are there
any Saint owners or other big dog owners out there who can recommend a good vehicle? My saint either sits in the passenger seat or the backseat.
Thanks in advance :)

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
Well, my dog is not that big, but I have two dogs that ride in the front seat with me wherever we go. I have a four door dodge truck and my girls will NOT ride in the back. I've got a pit bull and a boston terrier and they have to be right beside me all the time. My truck works pretty good for hauling them around. Good luck finding your new vehicle...

pitbulliest

The new four door dodge rams look quite roomy in the front and can definately hold two or three people in the back...plus they're pickups its great if you ever need to haul around any old furniture or something like that..

good luck :)

Check out a Volkswagon TDI Golf or one of their other three-door cars. I recommend the TDI because it gets fantastic mileage and the diesel is much less expensive than regular gas. The VW TDI motor is a turbo diesel with fuel injection, and the performance is nothing like the diesels we're used to hearing about.

As far as size goes, a friend of mine took her full grown Fila Brasileiro (similar in size to the St. Bernard) from North Carolina to Colorado in hers, along with a family friend who is about 6'3" and I'd guess weighs easily over 260. She told me it was a comfortable trip for all three of them and they got about 60 mpg.

You can also get a kit that costs about $700 that will allow you to convert to biodiesel. Most restaurants actually pay someone to haul off their used oil, so most of them are thrilled when someone wants to pick it up without charging them. All you have to do to it when you use this kit is strain it well.

Members online

No members online now.