Got to meet an AWESOME German Wirehaired Pointer today... (pics)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Meet Jazmine! She belongs to Sada's brother-in-law.

Jasmine is only 7 months old and is already in the field, pointing birds. This season, she pointed 16 birds and held one point for TWELVE minutes!

She's small and not very wire-haired, but geez this little girl can work! We got to watch her training session, as well as watch her take Jack down a peg. Then we put Jack away and let Ronin loose, and he took JASMINE down a peg! Who knew a 4 year old Doberman in a Fido Fleece could outrun a 7 month old working GWP on glare ice!

(sorry for the graininess of the photos - it was very overcast and about 15 degrees out today, so the photos aren't as good as they could have been, had it been brighter and my fingers weren't falling off...)

Pointy pointy....

"Look Dad... there's the pheasant wing! There it is! See it see it see it???"

"I reeeeealllly want the pheasant wing... but alas, I must remain motionless..."

"Hey wait... don't take the pheasant wing away!"

*more*

Last edited:

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
"Kissy kissy, Jack!"

"I GOTS MAH BUMBER!!!"

"Allllmost back to Dad!"

Jack looks pretty, just standing around surveying Jasmine's domain...

The End!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Pretty dog! If she's already got the restraint to hold a point for 12 minutes now...she's going to be awesome in the field!

wishbone

Wow, I was surprised with her, very well done Jasmine.

She's awesome and I think she gonna show more.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Good girl! I love a Pointer's intensity. Jack looks beautiful in that last pic.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Lucky Sizzle! I've only met one GWP in my life and he was rather fearful. GSP's, however, are becoming more popular around here, and all of them I've met I've quite liked. Jasmine's a beautiful girl.

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
Thanks Everyone!! Jazmine has done an awesome job. From what my BIL has told me she has some pretty awesome dogs in her pedigree. A few national champions, one of which (her grandma), is a National Champion in water retrieval.

I think he is planning on trialing her when she gets older and he has more time.

Sizzle, where you able to get any pictures of Ronin?

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
She's lovely! Maybe you can talk your BIL into joining and posting more pics of her, lol.
I doubt it. He's very busy. He spends all his spair time working with Jazmine and studying. He's going to school to be a nurse.

I will try and get more pics when I take Jack out to his place to play with Jazmine. Unfortunately they won't be as good as Sizzles though.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Sizzle, were you able to get any pictures of Ronin?
No, unfortunately. I was too busy trying to make sure he didn't get in any trouble! He did really well though, considering he was off-leash in an unfenced area, around lots fo fun farm equipment and kitties! I was VERY proud of the little man... :D

MH<3dogs

SD she is an awesome looking dog. Our landlord's friend has one and I got to watch them train the other day. It was amazing!

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
I think that both the boys did really well out there. I am glad that Ronin didn't find the kitties.

Members online

No members online now.