Santa Paws Is Coming To Town

Bofinger

Bo In Commentary:

Sing along with me, “Here comes Santa Paws, here comes Santa Paws, right down Santa Paws Lane…â€

Soon to be seen at a doggie mall in your area is the one and only Santa Claus. This time he’s dealing with the family pet.

Santa has a new troublemaker to contend with: the family pet.

Chickens, rodents, birds, cats, dogs - you name it - Santa’s being photographed with a lot of critters these days, and has the scratches, ripped suit and urine stains to prove it.

This is the first I’ve heard that the family pet includes rodents. I gotta ask…â€Where does the writer of this article live?â€

“I’ve been licked a lot,†said Harriet Farmer, 63, who’s posed with hundreds of pets over the past seven years as the Ottawa Humane Society’s volunteer Santa.

What? Santa Claus is really Harriet Farmer? I thought his name was Kris Kringle? But of course I kid, for we all know the truth. Just as most of you reading this, I was devastated when my parents told me that Santa Paws wasn’t real, but I’m not here to spoil all the young pups’ Christmas.

While dogs and cats make up most of Santa’s pet clientele, that’s not all that people are bringing in.

“My favourites have been the five baby ferrets,†Ms. Farmer said. “Oh, I had a rat with a Santa hat. He was lovely.â€

Did Santa, aka Ms. Farmer, just say that his/her preference is for baby ferrets and freakin’ rats? Call me crazy but I’ve never seen a magazine titled Rat Fancy or a book about ferret friendly bed and breakfasts.

Anyway, the article goes on .....

(read the rest at www.boknowsonline.com:
A blog by a dog for all dogs)

Members online

No members online now.