AKC Will Not Be Realigning Groups

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I don't know if anyone here was following but AKC had proposed to realign the "Groups" for conformation judging from 7 to 11 groups since some of the groups are so enormous. They had planned to split:

• Working group into 3 groups - Utility, Molosser, & Spitz
  • Hound into two - Scent & Sight
  • Sporting into two - Pointers/Setters & Retrievers/Spaniels
As well as some shuffling around of certain breeds.

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/news/Realignment_SuggestedBreedList.pdf

Anyway...don't waste too much time looking at it because apparently the whole idea was voted down at the delegate meeting yesterday.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I don't know if anyone here was following but AKC had proposed to realign the "Groups" for conformation judging from 7 to 11 groups since some of the groups are so enormous. They had planned to split:

• Working group into 3 groups - Utility, Molosser, & Spitz
  • Hound into two - Scent & Sight
  • Sporting into two - Pointers/Setters & Retrievers/Spaniels
As well as some shuffling around of certain breeds.

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/news/Realignment_SuggestedBreedList.pdf

Anyway...don't waste too much time looking at it because apparently the whole idea was voted down at the delegate meeting yesterday.
Darn. That was actually a good idea from the AKC for once.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Individuals within AKC have a lot of good ideas. Unfortunately they doesn't always see the light of day and even more rarely come to fruition.

One of the frustrating things about AKC is the sheer potential for positive influence that is squandered. But that's another topic. Looks like in this case the Change is Bad motto prevailed.

lizzybeth727

I was actually looking forward to this. It seemed like it would actually make a lot more sense.
Me too, and I thought it was a done deal.

I was hoping they'd change the "Non-Sporting Group," I always laugh at that title. It's like they're saying, "We don't really know what these dogs DO, but we know for sure they're NOT sporting dogs!" LOL.

Oh well.

Members online

No members online now.