Christmas goodies...whadja buy?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I am SO relieved to be almost done!

For the past few years, I've made sure to have my Christmas shopping done early. Online shopping definitely makes it a good bit easier as well!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm frustrated about Christmas shopping this year.

This is the first year in awhile I've been in a good financial position to buy everyone nice gifts. Matt's mom "quit" Christmas this year and is going to Cuba instead. (Maybe I'll get her a sunhat or something). His sisters only ever give me expensive suggestions, even though they say that anything is good. I have no idea what they like.

Matt wants another trenchcoat like his old one. I've been trying to find one for two years, and they just don't make them anymore. This is an impossible task. (black knee-length, weatherproof material (NOT wool) and a literal trenchcoat, not a long coat)

I haven't seen my nephew in 2.5 years and have no idea what he's into, that makes me sad. I have to pick my SIL's brain.

I'm terrible at gift-choosing.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Ooooh yeah, I'm also going to paint a picture of my parents' toy poodle as part of their gift. I need to get started on that ASAP.

milos_mommy

Allie, I feel the same way. My mom buys herself everything she could possibly need or want. My dad only cares about his car and my mom says not to encourage that. My one friend is moving across the country and doesn't want "stuff", I used to know my other best friend up and down but now she lives a few states away and we hardly see each other and I just don't know what she needs or wants. I want to get the kid I quit babysitting for something awesome but I don't know what his mom/other family is getting him and I feel weird asking. I've barely seen Zach's parents in a year, so I have no idea what they might want. My brother is 17 and the only thing he does is go to fast food places like 3-4 times a day with his friends, and I feel like a McDonald's gift card is the lamest thing ever. He'll start college next year, so I could get him collegey stuff, but he wants to live at home and go to the university near by, so I can't get him cool dorm stuff or anything.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm doing Amazon gift cards for some of my family... they neglected to give me any ideas under $60, and even though I know what sort of things I COULD buy (like what books and movies and music they like) I don't know what all they have, so I don't want to buy them something they already own. I figured at least on Amazon you can get whatever the heck you want, be it a book or a lamp or a shirt or whatever.
I hate it though. I like buying a tangible thing rather than just "yaaaay here's a gift card!" It feels impersonal to me. =<

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Mom: A framed print of one of my pictures she really likes and either some handmade bath stuff from a local gal or a bracelet to go with the necklace I bought her last year.

Dad: ...um...uh...

Brother 1: see above. I think he's given our parents a list, so I'll pick off there.

Brother 2: Haven't quite decided, but have some ideas.

Aunt/Uncle: Scentsy gift pack (warmer and a few bars)--giving my cousin one of the Scentsy Buddies with a little something extra tucked into the zipper pocket besides the Scent Pak.

Ted: I think I have his narrowed down...

I have some ideas for Ted's mom, not entirely sure about his dad.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm doing Amazon gift cards for some of my family... they neglected to give me any ideas under $60, and even though I know what sort of things I COULD buy (like what books and movies and music they like) I don't know what all they have, so I don't want to buy them something they already own. I figured at least on Amazon you can get whatever the heck you want, be it a book or a lamp or a shirt or whatever.
I hate it though. I like buying a tangible thing rather than just "yaaaay here's a gift card!" It feels impersonal to me. =<
^ Yup. Matt's sisters would probably be happy to receive gift cards, but I hate hate hate giving gift cards.

I'm pondering a portrait of my MIL's and SIL's cats, and I'm getting a bunch of Scentsy stuff to give. Just trying to get things that everyone would enjoy. IS THAT SO HARD. :p

JessLough

Love My Mutt
OH, I also bought Jessie's crew each a toy (I hope they like them! LOL I tried to be all personal and choose one for each dog, although I'm sure they'll all prefer somebody else's toy over their own :p ), and Brattina's dogs each got a toy. Plus a little gift for both Jessie and Brat, cause they were too cute not to.

And I'm pretty sure the ferrets gifts got delivered a couple hours ago :D

Michiyo-Fir

I bought a lot of stuff...now I'm totally broke and I need to pay my tuition next month lol.

I'm spending Christmas by myself though, my mom is going on vacation. So it's just going to be Nia and I.

For myself
- new skis + bindings ($950)
- new ski boots ($480)
- ski trip with friends for 3 days ($200)

my mom bought me
- Whistler season pass ($500)

My friends bought me
- PS3 ($300)
- Calvin and Hobbes collection

Bought for friends
- winter boots
- new dress
- camera bag
- PS3 controllers
- PS3 games
- Comic books
- stop watch
- LOTR + Hobbit collection

For mom
- Kobo e-reader
- starbucks giftcard

for Nia
- haven't decided yet, probably more Kong squeaker balls and some kind of furry toy

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
yeah i asked my brother what his kids wanted for Christmas. I just saw them not even two weeks ago for the first time in 2.5 years and wow have they changed so much. so I was totally lost on what to get them.

His answer? and I quote "I have no idea" Thanks for the help ya TOOL. seriously you are their DAD and you don't know what I could get them for christmas or what they are into? dumbass lol

so I just winged it and I hope they like it lol

Grab

We've only done a bit of shopping for Clive so far. His birthday is ten days before Christmas, so we'll have to do gifts for both :)

Thus far he has some books and a little toddler sized rocking horse. We got foam blocks, but gave them to him already on a particularly fussy day, lol.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Nothing, lol.

I'm placing an order on amazon for my mom tonight. No idea what to get my dad.

Me and my siblings aren't exchanging gifts this year - instead we are buying gifts for someone who doesn't have anyone or has fallen on tough times. Our family friend works at the Sheriff's office and is planning on giving us information. Last year my brother gave a 8-10 y/o boy the best Christmas ever and it was awesome :)

Going shopping on Friday. Planning on getting Harleigh some things and my secret santa some treats/toys as I've only got like 2 things so far, which are for the human. LOL.

Then Saturday is my town's annual Christmas on the Square and I'll probably pick some things up from there (it is mainly local stuff).

Miakoda

We've only done a bit of shopping for Clive so far. His birthday is ten days before Christmas, so we'll have to do gifts for both :)

Thus far he has some books and a little toddler sized rocking horse. We got foam blocks, but gave them to him already on a particularly fussy day, lol.
How old is Clive now?

milos_mommy

Oh great, thanks for the reminder that my dad's birthday is 3 days before Christmas.

I'm going to get him a stuffed animal or something, he'd probably be thrilled.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
Parents: Complete media server w/ an apple TV2. The media server is preloaded with all seasons of Sons of Anarchy, and Gunsmoke.

MIL: Sweatshirt

FIL: Leatherman

SIL/BIL: Visa g/c

Niece: Tag junior and the books to go with it from Leapfrog, Lady and the Tramp book, small Lady and the Tramp stuffed animal for her to carry around (gotta teach her about dogs early!), a personal learning laptop, and a couple smaller items.

Nephew: Gamestop g/c -- it is what he specifically said he wanted.

Husband: uhh...he sometimes reads the forum... However, his presents have been picked out.

Dogs: far too much!

*all the packages will also have several containers of baked goodies. :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
*all the packages will also have several containers of baked goodies. :)
GENIUS. I have a ton of cookie tins I have collected over the years. Just small ones that are like $1 or $2. I bought them with the idea that if I gave them to people with cookies and didn't get them back it wouldn't be a disaster since they only cost a couple of bucks. I think I am going to do that this year, especially with my gift card people.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Love the cookie idea :)

My mom swears by putting a slice of bread in the cookie tin with the cookies to keep them moist :)

Another thing I am thrilled about with my spending habits this holiday season... I've made at least half of what I've spent on Hannah back by selling her old stuff on a lancaster yard sale website. I've got to get rid of some stuff anyway to make room for the new stuff so why not make a buck or two lol. Not selling them for much but a couple bucks here and there is kind of nice and it's helping pay for all her new goodies lol

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Love the cookie idea :)

My mom swears by putting a slice of bread in the cookie tin with the cookies to keep them moist :)
Count me in on that group! It works SO FREAKING WELL. That's about the only use I ever have for the heels of bread.

Members online