How do you feed/care for newborn puppies?

Ivy

No, this is not the only way to learn. The way to learn about newborn puppies and how to care for them is through a mentor. With a good mentor you can get hands on learning about whelping and raising puppies without having to learn by trial and error.
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, mentors are not always around to be helping everybody else, especially when they are dealing with their own litters, families, or simply their own life. If that is the case, at least there are people who care enough to want to learn how to do these things instead of sitting back like a lifeless rock doing nothing.

Ivy

Personally I'd rather see someone who is totally novice take on a litter of abandoned puppies versus the alternative...instant death. At least this way they are being given a chance.

This isn't someone who's breeding a litter and lost the mother, this is someone who is helping puppies that didn't ask to be born. I would have expected more helpful answers than most gave and less of the typical rude responses. I'm not pointing fingers but the point is at least the shelter is giving them a chance at something more than a needle, and since it sounds like a city/county run shelter they probably don't have the funds to have someone come in and raise puppies, so volunteers is what they have.

It's better than nothing, why not try to help and support someone trying to do some good in the world.

Well said!!

aliceluo

yup.. you are nice ..very happy to see it.. just check out there're many ways to care for those dogs as long as you have enough to them :)

Members online

No members online now.