The Big Spoilery Doctor Who Series 7b Discussion Thread!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
My thoughts on the new episode?

What the He!!

So confused. But I'm usually in a constant state of confusion when it comes to Doctor Who, I don't get how it's still considering itself to be a kids show....

I really liked the episode though, especially the ending because it was so stinking sad. That poor little girl/women, I died a little inside when I heard her talk. She's 5 years old! Oh my gosh.
I never could get into it either ... I just never could get it to make sense to me, I even tried reading up in it on wiki & IMDB & still can't understand it.

Saeleofu

I just never could get it to make sense to me, I even tried reading up in it on wiki & IMDB & still can't understand it.
I feel like it takes a certain kind of mind to get into it. Especially because people seem to be either ALL IN or ALL OUT. There are no "casual" fans lol. A certain amount of creativity, a certain about of intrigue, a certain amount of wonder, a certain amount of curiosity, and the ability to suspend disbelief. And a science background, even a basic one, helps to understand some of the stuff. Fortunately it seems to be a relatively common combination, since it has such a huge fan base and has been going for 50 years ;)

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Oh I love the show so stinkin' much. It's the only show I actually try to watch live, even though that gets a bit tricky sometimes. I do think it's confusing, but I'm not all that brilliant so it's not hard to get me confused.

Dude, as far as the Zygons go, people are getting mad at the idea that tennant will be playing the alien disguised as the doctor. BUT, I read that to take on the form of someone, the Zygons' have to have that lifeform alive, sooo he'd still be alive somewhere.

"I think the Silence is going to somehow wipe The Doctor’s memories and one of the biggest memories they will try to wipe is his identity. (The Doctor was starting to do this before, WITH THE HELP OF OSWIN) but now it might get extremely dangerous for him.

The Doctor’s greatest ability and power against anyone of these species is that he knows who he is. EVEN IF THEY DONT. He knows who he is, what he can do, the dangers he’s been through, the losses, and how to defeat them. His greatest power is his identity. With out it…he becomes powerless.

Now onto Clara, someway these different Clara’s were created, mirrored through different places in time. I think she’s been sent as a key to help the Doctor remember (AND NEVER FORGET) who he is and what he can do. Sent by….we don’t know… BUT all these could be in order to save him for when he does meet up in his time stream and face WHATEVER is waiting for him in that field.

When we hear the quote “Silence will fall when the question is asked†we sometimes think the literal term “silence†as in quiet or END. But what if this is really the end of The Silence religious order? All by the help of Clara Oswin Oswald. She will be the girl who makes him remember.

This mystery of Clara will keep The Doctor intrigued. Keep him involved at his job and about who he is. As you can see, Clara isn’t in this field with him and I believe its because The Doctor has to face this alone WITHOUT the help of his companions. He’s been running from this his whole life and now he must face it.

She keeps repeating “Run you Clever boy and REMEMBER†she’s trying to help him never forget her but also keep his memories intact. So that the oldest question, hidden in plain sight, when its time for him to face it WONT be the Doctor’s end but it will be his victory."

^The above is not my theory, it's from someone on tumblr, but it's one of my favorite ones.

Saeleofu

BUT, I read that to take on the form of someone, the Zygons' have to have that lifeform alive, sooo he'd still be alive somewhere.
Yes, that is true! It's been a while since I watched the Zygon story, but if I remember right the actual body is kept in a sort of suspended animation or something.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
If Tennant is a Zygon and NOT THE TENTH DOCTOR I AM GOING TO BE VERY VERY ANGRY.

I will probably THROW A LOT OF THINGS.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Slight derail, but I found a show with Alonso in it. He's a werewolf in this show, lol. It's called "Being Human" and I quite liked what I saw of it so far.

Saeleofu

If Tennant is a Zygon and NOT THE TENTH DOCTOR I AM GOING TO BE VERY VERY ANGRY.

I will probably THROW A LOT OF THINGS.
But if he IS a Zygon, he'd still have to be the real Doctor (or the Metacrisis Doctor, but I hope it's the real Doctor) somewhere. And then when the Zygons are defeated, he'd have to be released. Zygons only look like Zygons when they're not in the form of something else. The point is they should be indistinguishable from their human form. Sort of like Gangers, but not lol

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
But if he IS a Zygon, he'd still have to be the real Doctor (or the Metacrisis Doctor, but I hope it's the real Doctor) somewhere. And then when the Zygons are defeated, he'd have to be released. Zygons only look like Zygons when they're not in the form of something else. The point is they should be indistinguishable from their human form. Sort of like Gangers, but not lol
I mean, I know, but if he spends most of the episode a Zygon I'm going to be upset. Because they just look like you, they don't get your personality.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
TOMORROW. Cannot wait!

I'm so glad that Doctor Who is back on air. I had no idea how much I missed watching new episodes.

I've been making my husband watch them through with me. We're almost done with Nine. I forgot just how much I loved him. (Nine. In case I was unclear. Though I do love my husband too, haha)

I'm sure when we watch the end of Ten though, he's going to see me cry like a baby again. :p

Saeleofu

i just rewatched Boom Town the other day. It's the ONLY episode I've only seen once (until now). It actually wasn't as terrible as I thought. I loved Mickey calling Jack the Captain of the Innuendo Squad lol.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
i just rewatched Boom Town the other day. It's the ONLY episode I've only seen once (until now). It actually wasn't as terrible as I thought. I loved Mickey calling Jack the Captain of the Innuendo Squad lol.
I actually really liked Boom Town lol. It was one of the few from Nines run that I DID watch more than once.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
So I just read the awesomest Clara theory... basically it goes like this
1. Clara was a dalek, and we all assumed she died, but what if she didn't, and instead grew insane, and eventually became the dalek emperor at that game station
2. Rose goes and Badwolfs everything, "I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them" "I bring life." "I scatter them" "I can see everything, all that is, all that was, all that could ever be"
3. So essentially, she brings Clara back, and scatters her for the doctor to find.

Saeleofu

So I just read the awesomest Clara theory... basically it goes like this
1. Clara was a dalek, and we all assumed she died, but what if she didn't, and instead grew insane, and eventually became the dalek emperor at that game station
2. Rose goes and Badwolfs everything, "I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them" "I bring life." "I scatter them" "I can see everything, all that is, all that was, all that could ever be"
3. So essentially, she brings Clara back, and scatters her for the doctor to find.
That's pretty good!

Rings of Akhaten - I cried :'( It was a bit slow to start, but the ending was extraordinary. But then I was confused, because shouldn't the Doctor have forgotten everything? :confused:

Last edited:
All right, I haven't joined in here yet, but I really liked Rings of Akhaten! Those speeches at the end, along with Mary's voice...oh man. I definitely teared up. Also, I wasn't sure how I felt about Clara before, but this episode confirmed how much I like her.

Sael - that confused me too. Did it only take some of his memories? Did Clara get there in time to stop him from losing any? I thought they would explain that a little better...

Oh, and the next episode looks pretty awesome.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
That's pretty good!

Rings of Akhaten - I cried :'( It was a bit slow to start, but the ending was extraordinary. But then I was confused, because shouldn't the Doctor have forgotten everything? :confused:
I didn't get from it that it takes everything, just that it wants to know it? It feeds off that knowledge? Not necessarily consuming them completely, because otherwise, the previous singers would forget why they were singing wouldn't they?

I could have that backwards.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Yeah, I didn't get that. At first when he began the speech I got all freaked out because I thought he'd lose his memory, and then he'd have to ask the question, "Doctor Who?" But then he didn't, so yay!

Did anyone else wonder about the TARDIS translation, how it didn't translate for Clara? Clara says herself that the TARDIS didn't like her, and she picked up on the fact that it was alive without the Doctor telling her. It's just strange...

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Yeah, I didn't get that. At first when he began the speech I got all freaked out because I thought he'd lose his memory, and then he'd have to ask the question, "Doctor Who?" But then he didn't, so yay!

Did anyone else wonder about the TARDIS translation, how it didn't translate for Clara? Clara says herself that the TARDIS didn't like her, and she picked up on the fact that it was alive without the Doctor telling her. It's just strange...
YES. I wondered why in the heck it wasn't translating for her.

I thought it was just locked because the Doctor locked it though.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
hmmmm yeah I caught that and was wondering if it was a production error or not. It's hard to tell sometimes... Just like the car that almost ran over Clara's dad, it looks almost if not completely identical to the car that killed Rose's dad. So coincidence? Or does the BBC just not have enough props?

But yeah, back to the leaf. Maybe she keeps that leaf as the most important thing to happen to her parents, and the maple leaf is the start of HER story, how she met someone who was marvelous...

P.S. Her mom's headstone is the same as BBC's Sherlocks.

P.S.S. I'm not smart enough to notice most of this stuff, I see all the brilliance on tumblr...

Members online