What genre of books do you read?

Made me think of this thread :)
YES!

I don't actually think of them as a genre so I didn't put it since the books from the genre's I read could come from either Adult or YA but I always go look in the YA section. Some of my favorite books are from there as are some of my favorite re-reads. No shame.

I love murder mysteries when they're good ones by good authors and other kinds of mysteries, adventure, or espionage type stories, those page turners that you can't put down. I love many of the old classics. Non fiction includes books about dogs, how to stuff, although that's mostly on the Internet, not books for me. Gardening/landscaping is something I'm often looking at, bird books so I can identify birds around me, stuff like that.
Dober, you might really like the Casey Stone series, by Robert W. Godwin. It starts with Alias Baby Girl. They started out as an homage to Mickey Spillane, but the original story took on a life of its own. I rarely read murder mysteries, as I've got them figured out before I'm halfway through, and often the characters aren't very three dimensional, but there are enough twists in these to keep it a mystery, and the characters are very well developed.

Definitely don't judge the book by the cover. The publisher had their way on the covers and the one on the first book is . . . well, it's tragic. I think they photographed a woman in drag as Casey -- and it's absolutely not true to the character :eek: :rofl1:

I'm involved (the other members kept at me to join them even though I don't really write in the genre, although The Black Dog Dialogues really is, I guess, something of a cross between sort-of-urban fantasy/suspense) in the mystery and suspense writing group within the Knoxville Writers' Guild, and there are some VERY interesting projects being worked on, the setting of one is a big Mardi Gras barbecue cook off in Memphis. Another is based on a true story, set in the southwest. I'm working on formatting a non-fiction book on Egypt for one of the other members. LOTS of photos so the formatting is . . . interesting. :wall: You'd probably enjoy the book.

Members online

No members online now.