The dog musing/vent thread

Toller_08

Managed to convince myself that Dance was dying the other night. She hurt herself the previous day somehow jumping onto my back step, and then to top it off spent the night and yesterday morning sick to her stomach and for the first time ever, refused food. Took her to the vet who couldn't find anything wrong other than she was acting a little off. Now today she is acting perfectly normal and back to her old mischievous self. Definitely need to get her into a chiropractor though. I just need to find a new one and so far my attempts at finding one available for new patients hasn't gone well. Poor little Dancey. I am so relieved that she is ok and aside from the random injury, probably just ate something she's allergic to, but I was completely panicked about it yesterday thinking it was all related and something was severely wrong. Dogs. They sure know how to keep you on your toes.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Jari has never peed in a pet store. Not even as a puppy. And today he did. So apparently if he can't bark at the other dogs (he's been doing SO much better with his reactivity), he's just going to pee when he sees them. ARGHHHHHH.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Merlin goes to his crate when I say
"get out of my way stupid"

so that's both an insult and a threat :rofl1:

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Oz doesn't even need words anymore. Just a disgusted look in his general direction sends him away. Sometimes supplemented with "you're gross" just for effect.

Sekah

The Monster.
For those not following my trials and tribulations on FB...

Megatron needs surgery. Her suspected UTI is now suspected to be calcium oxalate bladder stones. I think she'll finish up her current round of antibiotics in 2 weeks and then we'll have the surgery. On the plus side, it looks like we can schedule her spay to take place at the same time. On the minus side, -$$$$$$$$$.

She seems pretty perky right now. Any infection that came about as a result of the stones seems to be clearing up and she's enjoying herself. Though she's been more sucky than usual lately and now I suspect it was in response to pain & discomfort.

She's 9, so it's high time to spay. I'll definitely NOT miss her heats. Fingers crossed that it goes according to plan and she bounces back quickly.

Quid comes to Quiddiot. And seriously, autocorrect, in what world does Quiddiot need to become shoddily?

My vent: yes, please do bring your small child in a stroller to the dog park the freak out when all the dogs either start barking or try and climb in to investigate. Quid, I'm looking at you

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
For those not following my trials and tribulations on FB...

Megatron needs surgery. Her suspected UTI is now suspected to be calcium oxalate bladder stones. I think she'll finish up her current round of antibiotics in 2 weeks and then we'll have the surgery. On the plus side, it looks like we can schedule her spay to take place at the same time. On the minus side, -$$$$$$$$$.

She seems pretty perky right now. Any infection that came about as a result of the stones seems to be clearing up and she's enjoying herself. Though she's been more sucky than usual lately and now I suspect it was in response to pain & discomfort.

She's 9, so it's high time to spay. I'll definitely NOT miss her heats. Fingers crossed that it goes according to plan and she bounces back quickly.
Oof. Been there with Auggie, no fun at all. It will be good to have the spay at the same time though, because the recovery is more or less the same, so two birds with one stone. =P Poor Megatron.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Quid comes to Quiddiot. And seriously, autocorrect, in what world does Quiddiot need to become shoddily?

My vent: yes, please do bring your small child in a stroller to the dog park the freak out when all the dogs either start barking or try and climb in to investigate. Quid, I'm looking at you
I really hate some (ok most) parents, I really do. I wish some people just wouldn't breed. Because those are the kids who grow up thinking it's ok to yank down the clothes of strangers because you want to look at their tattoos or pet people's dogs with out asking.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Asked breeder's husband tonight if the breeding I think happened has happened... he said "I don't know, she doesn't tell me anything anymore!"
So I told him if there's boy puppies I'm going to want one.
And he said he would pass it on.

BUT NO. I TOLD THE SIRE HE BETTER NOT HAVE ANY BOYS, SO THERE BETTER NOT BE ANY BOYS.

Members online

No members online now.