Some pictures from the Pug Meetup!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
We had the meetup today and it was a success!!! I'm working on a website and what not for suggestions and communication and more pictures but here are a few from my mum's camera.

Stitch

Izzie's backside

Miko and Izzie

Pickles

Part of the group, with Bruce in the middle

Bruce, Harvey, and Izzie

More of the group

Pixie (pug/boston on the chair), Bruce, and Libby

Libby, Bruce, and Ruby

Bruce

*More*

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Libby's Bum

Pickles' Bum

Ruby having a scratch

Hugo and Pixie with their Parents

Shy girl Pickles

The owner of the daycare with Chai and Libby

Hugo, Izzie, and Libby

Chai checking out things

Chai, Izzie, and Ruby

*Fin*

Brattina88

Cuuute!! Looks like fun. :)
My some of those dogs are thick :eek:
I'd love to hang out with a bunch if puggies :D that'd be fun!

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
I love the first shot that's all cute face! Looks like alot of fun. I've been looking for a crestie one.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I opened the thread and laughed as soon as I saw that first pic. That dog looks like a character! :D
She's insane... Seriously, she has no off button. She was at my house for a week a little while ago when her parents went on vacation and she was constantly doing something, such a busy dog... Even more than Iz.

Pam111

cute! YOu don't see as many black pugs--why is that? I actually like the looks of them!
It's interesting, too, because the blacks have a nice soft fur, while the fawns are a coarse short fur.
Pugs come in other colors, too...just not as common

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
cute! YOu don't see as many black pugs--why is that? I actually like the looks of them!
People just prefer the fawn ones and fawns win more. Just like in Poms, the Orange is the most popular therefore wins more often over Black and Tans or other varieties.

The accepted colours are Fawn (which includes apricot, silver, and cream fawn) and black. There are bybs breeding brindles but they're not a recognized colour and never have been and hopefully never will be, the genes of purebred pugs cannot carry the brindle factor so something must be mixed in down the lines.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
It's interesting, too, because the blacks have a nice soft fur, while the fawns are a coarse short fur.
Pugs come in other colors, too...just not as common
Lol Izzie's 100% Fawn and she is my softest Pug ever! Chai is my coarsest and she's 3/4 fawn to 1/4 black and then Ruby (who is Chai's Aunt) is 1/2 Fawn and 1/2 Black is fluffy and soft with a few coarse hairs throughout.

A lot of Blacks actually tend to be single coated too, no undercoat means far less shedding.

Members online