magnum kept me up all nite

luvmydogs

last nite i walked magnum at 9 p.m.last walk.he woke me at 1 and 3 at 4 and 6..whining, barking, and growling. he had to go out. **** diarrhea.lol he is eating very well....so i think to 99.9% he has parasites. cant wait till tomorrow to get him taken care of. he slept on the floor beside me. he is not a couch prson.lol neither he sat on the car seat in the van when i brought him home. he sat between the two front seats. does anyone use a harness for the car/seatbelt for dogs????

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I use a harness thing for Lucas......not that it would make him totally safe if we got in a wreck, but it keeps him from moving...lol. It is just a padded harness that he wears in the car and on rides. Chloe has one too.

nedim

I dont use a harness or seat belt for Peanut. She just stays in place on my lap.lol.

I got my rottie rescue a little over 2 months ago and health wise was a mess, she's 4 and had never even been spayed and she had whipworms, had not seen a vet in 3 years. Your vet will do a good going over I'm sure. Bella still doesnt have going out right either LOL, today she woke me a 4:30am.

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
Yeah, I use one for my kelpie. My other puppy is too small, but he crawls under the passenger seat and stays there the whole ride:)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
luvmydogs said:
last nite i walked magnum at 9 p.m.last walk.he woke me at 1 and 3 at 4 and 6..whining, barking, and growling.
Wait....growling? If I where you I would've been scared since you just got the doggy......lol but I'm a whimp :p lol. I'm sure you could tell it wasn't aggressive right?
The first time I had Lucas home he slept under my bed and I had put my digital clock on the floor.....one iwth red glowing numbers on it. Well I started going to sleep and then I heard growlling under the bed. I was so freaked out since I just got this dog and now he was growling! I though he was freaking out lol. I jumped off the bed ran as fast as possible to the light turned it on and looked under the bed (from a distance lol). He was growling at the lights on the clock when they changed ROFL.....LOL IT was funny.

luvmydogs

Babyblue5290 said:
Wait....growling? If I where you I would've been scared since you just got the doggy......lol but I'm a whimp :p lol. I'm sure you could tell it wasn't aggressive right?
The first time I had Lucas home he slept under my bed and I had put my digital clock on the floor.....one iwth red glowing numbers on it. Well I started going to sleep and then I heard growlling under the bed. I was so freaked out since I just got this dog and now he was growling! I though he was freaking out lol. I jumped off the bed ran as fast as possible to the light turned it on and looked under the bed (from a distance lol). He was growling at the lights on the clock when they changed ROFL.....LOL IT was funny.
lol yea it was a different kind of growl. kinda like u can tell the difference of an infant crying for hunger or pain.;) i'm not scared of dogs..if he would try to bite me, id be like: i bite u back, mother %&*$&# :p LMAO!!! @ Lucas and the alarm clock

Fran27

Boris lies down between the sits in the car too. I've considered a harness but it would be a real pain with him.

Magnum is really cute. I love rotties. He's probably just lost, but I'm sure it won't take him long to adjust.

How does he get along with Phoenix?

luvmydogs

Fran27 said:
Boris lies down between the sits in the car too. I've considered a harness but it would be a real pain with him.

Magnum is really cute. I love rotties. He's probably just lost, but I'm sure it won't take him long to adjust.

How does he get along with Phoenix?
i posted this on another thread.lol:
they sniffed each other, and magnum looked a little "weird".lol and then phoenix sniffed magnum's ear which is infected, and magnum growled at him, and phoenix was scared. a few seconds later, they sniffed each other again, and they were fine. theyre going their own way though. they dont lpay together, maybe because magnum is too old to play.lol phoenix put his front paws on magnums back and they started fighting. i yelled then they stopped. magnum's not feeling good due to his ear infection, i guess, but it's going to be taken care of tomorrow. i walk them both at the same time..they get along great while i walk them, and like i said in the house, they realy dont giev a shit about each other.lol phoenix finishes the food that magnum is leaving behind..no food agression there...

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
luvmydogs said:
lol yea it was a different kind of growl. kinda like u can tell the difference of an infant crying for hunger or pain.;) i'm not scared of dogs..if he would try to bite me, id be like: i bite u back, mother %&*$&# :p LMAO!!! @ Lucas and the alarm clock
ROFL! I bet he would be confused if you tried to bite him! LOL :p

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor growled. yelped whined in his sleep for several months after he came home..it was about a month before he slept the night thru..his nightmares woke him up. Since i sleep with him it was easy to wrap my arms around him and sing him his special song (who's afraid of the big bad woof") and eventually these have subsided...it was two days before i even got a really good look at him because he would not hold still not even for a second..i thought he was adhd excelerated..Sorry your dog is going thru this too..i cant imagine being thrown away from one home to a place that smells of fear and sometimes death as well as illness..then gone from there to a new place..it has to be hard to trust or even believe that the new good place is for real..and forever. I think they have post stress truama or syndrome what ever they call it, but have never heard anyone else mention it.

Members online

No members online now.