How do you spoil your pet? Would others think you are crazy?

Cidney

OK, I have to admit there are things I do for my two Yorkies that have cause others to roll their eyes at me.

For one, I heat their food for them - catch flak everytime a neighbor or a friend is over if it is feeding time.

I have never put them in a kennel if leaving out of town, I hire a babysitter to come to my house.

When its bath time, I put them in the shower with me - hey, they are small dogs!

They have two large baskets full of toys.

If I am eating vanilla ice cream, they get a lick too!

What do you do thats over the top?

My dogs are spoiled rotten. They go to the beach, to the store, to the park. They each have their own love seat and they get fridos during movietime :)

Chahzound

Chrome

I make my dogs chicken and dumplings and beef stew. I give them doggie massages.
And uhm..well not to show how completely thick I am but uh..I just bought riverfront property for my dog who loves to play in water. Boy did eyes roll over that one.

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
Well, lets see. My dogs sleep with me everynight. I live by myself, so me, Bula and Dixie all sleep in the bed together. they absolutely have to be under the covers to sleep. Bula has to lay like a person in the bed. She will lay right beside me with her head on the pillow and the rest of her body under the covers. Dixie curls up in a ball between my legs...They both like to cuddle. They both have stockings for Christmas. They always get presents too.

Debi

Well...all the usual considerations. The one thing I don't tell my mother-in-law is that they both come up on the bed to watch t.v. with us. I have an old blanket I throw on and all 4 of us boogle in for the night. Now...I know none of you think that is so strange........but she would probably faint. lol I have a neighbor that just recently told me that Hammie is too big to be in the house...........luckily she lives far enough away that I don't have to hear that stupid lecture often. She actually has Addie's sister........and she is just tied out at the dog house all the time. :( I like to always have American cheese cause the cat really loves it......yep, even the evil cat, Beastlie, still gets spoiled. Wish she knew how lucky she is, maybe then she'd be a tiny bit nicer..if only once in awhile! I believe in doggie massages, too. They love that attention! Could probably go on and on..........but then this would be a novel. lol :)

Lucky for me..my pups don't seem impressed with water.......riverfront property is wayyyyyyyyyy too expensive around here!

Uh...Chaz....the beach???? Can I be one of your pets??? Uh...WOOF, WOOF. lol

Cidney

Hey Chrome, I think you top the list! I did buy my dog's a plastic kiddie swimming pool for the summer.

I even buy them Christmas presents and wrap them too. I love watching them open their own presents so much that I let them unwrap most of mine.

I have been known to search around different stores for their favorite doggy bones if the grocery store is out of them.

Mine have a kiddie pool, too, but I don't know if it spoils them or me! They get in it and clean off muddy feet before they come inside. Of course, they have fun belly flopping and splashing around, too, and Shiva and Kharma like to put their heads underwater and blow bubbles. Strange puppies! :rolleyes: :D

Debi said:
Uh...Chaz....the beach???? Can I be one of your pets??? Uh...WOOF, WOOF. lol
Sure, come on down and I will walk you at the beach too. But you have to like flint river and dog biscuits and be a doberman. (I want another one)

Brattina88

I bought a camper who's layout I choose to fit Maddie's needs, then mine. Then I picked the perfect campground and perminent parked it on a back 'road' where I can get away with keeping her off leash when I'm watching her. Across the pea gravel road is a HUGE field where the owners used to grow soy beans, but now its just weeds. 1/4 of it is mowed by me (witht here permission), that's where I run with Maddie. She loves to go into the weeds that are up to my belly button and higher, though, to flush out the birds.[mostly robins, doves and bluejays, but she seeks out this family of 9 wild turkeys, gets them everytime!] On the other side of the field is a couple acres of woods where we go hiking and she's made a trial that leads to the creek. She LOVES the water. Its officailly been marked as a trail that we take other people on. The joke of the campground is that Maddie and Bruster (a black lab puppy that is Maddie's 'best friend') are taking over.

That's the best I can do to campare to Chrome! Boy, water dog Maddie sure would be jealous! :D

bogolove

I bought Brady a Japanese Gazebo for when he is outside during the summer. Hey, he needed some shade. I also buy him a new toy almost every week. He loves the stuffed squeaky ones. But to justify he rips the squeaky thing out and all the stuffing so often i have to keep getting him new ones. did you ever realize how much stuffing they put in those things?

^ I have and it's incredible. Our yorkie get's it stuck all over her face and it's funny, she looks like a mini santa!!!

The only real way i spoil apollo is by taking him everywhere, ad i do mean everywhere, rather than going to a movie theater i pay more and go to a drive in. Don't go to the mall anymore, i do most of my shopping at pet paradise or pet cetera, meaning i never buy anything for myself lol. We've had him since August 23rd and he's never been left home alone. only once for an hour

Blondie

Blondie's very spoiled, too. When we found termites in his dresser (just some old shelf that was used as his "wardrobe") we threw it away and got him a new, very nice plastic shelf with colorful drawers. His "bedroom" will be decorated soon, with new curtains, a new doghouse that's going to be delivered this weekend, his bed is being repaired (he ripped it off a while ago) and as soon as we get some time, we'll paint the walls to match the new curtains and other wall decorations.

Now that he's been ill, he doesn't sleep in his bedroom anymore, but moved to my parents'. I'd love to allow him in my bed, but I sleep on top of a bunk bed :(. My parents won't allow him in theirs, but love to keep him company!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ooooh Ripley is VERY spoiled.

He goes everywhere with me, a friend of the family got me a little gucci tote, she said it would be the perfect thing to use to take Ripley everywhere.. Of course, she is convinced that Ripley is a girl and she got him a pink one, but oh well, he loves it anyway. So he goes into stores with me, the people who work at the mall closeby ALWAYS stop me to peek in my bag, to see if I have the Ripster in there.
Ripley gets catered to. He is a very finicky eater, even with raw meat, so on occasion instead of just tossing the meat outside or in the bathtub, I wear a glove and HOLD the raw meat for him while he gnaws away at it.
I usually wind up sleeping as stiff as a log because Ripley doesn't like me to move around when he's under the covers.

Dakota isn't *too* spoiled. He gets pampered and primped on occasion, but he's the big manly dog. :p

My Bear, the GSD/Akita mix, being another one of those "Big Manly Dogs," liked a little bit of beer every now and then (okayed by the vet - good for the urinary tract), but that's not what made him spoiled. At first, he would happily drink a little Miller or Coors or Michelob, but then one day a serious tactical error got made . . . I gave the Beast a little Corona. After that, he turned his nose up at anything else. What made him really spoiled was that my neighbor, who was crazy about Bear, would always share his Corona with Bear, but offered the Then-But-Now-Very EX-boyfriend (who had that strange personality disorder of not being a dog person) a Miller or Bud.

It was a real hoot to see the four guys, Good Neighbor Guy, Dumb-Ex, Bear and the Neighbor's Apffenpinscher (through a microscope) all sitting on the porch with their suds.

Not only was Bear very spoiled, he deserved every single bit of spoiling he ever got. But don't most of them?

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
My mom spends at least $20 a week on toys for her dogs. She will go to Big Lots and just stack up. The dogs have their own toy box. Gracie, she's a blue heeler, will go over to the toy box, get a toy, and when she is done playing with it, she will take it back to the toy box and get a different toy to play with...

Spoiled... you bet. All of our guys have been rescued (and even if they hadn't been...) and so spoiled beyond belief. Yes, we too bought a cottage on a lake for Bently. They get cheese everytime I do and when it is ice cream cone time they all get one. I could not fill this page with all the treats they get including non stop petting. Bently is fighting cancer right now so every day for every meal I cook him up a hot meal with some kind of meat so he will put some weight on. He loves it. Others think we are nuts, but hey, for all they give us... They spoil us by always loving us no matter what we do!! LL

iky

i traded my car in for a bigger car and more station wagon like so that my Codi and Buddy have place to lay down when they ride with me...the boys also get their food mixed with soup every night and we spoil them often with bits from the plates.

Cidney

I love hearing all these stories about how you all spoil your furrbabies. Next time someone give me hard time I am going to say " if you think I am bad, let me tell you what Chrome did or tAshmore does or Rips Girl will do, but wait, Renee does this....haha. No, really I wont give my actual sorce of who does what but at least I can give some examples. What I do for my much loved Yorkies is nothing in comparrison of what they give me to start with each day.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Renee750il said:
the Then-But-Now-Very EX-boyfriend (who had that strange personality disorder of not being a dog person)
:eek: Those are the strangest...

Members online

No members online now.