Wellness and NV using Menufoods?

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Anyone's thoughts on this? Old Mother Hubbard's site says their food isn't effected by the recall, but they don't say they don't use menu.. This news article claims both NV and wellness use menufoods.. Sketches me out a touch. That along with TWO refusing to disclose who makes their food because they have privacy issues apparently...

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sanmate...ews/ci_5477581

I posted this on another forum.. and they've gone email-phonecall happy. They got confirmation from natura that their stuff is made in the south dakota menu plant. And they are waiting on a load more emails and calls to be returned. Think they emailed most kibble manufacturers that are decent.

So even though the better quality foods are not having a recall issue, this whole situation hugely upsets me. Makes me feel like all the pain staking research I did and all the hit and miss with good foods to find ones I like and work, that there's enough possible unhappy things under the surface that kibble in general no matter what I pay for it and how hard I try isn't good enough.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Since the issue seems to be confined to the wheat gluten in wet foods mainly, I wouldn't be too upset by it. None of these higher quality foods many of us feed contain wheat gluten anyway.

Now, depending how the stuff is made and where, I might be concerned about residue from the "crap" foods getting passed onto the first bits of the "good" food prodution run, unless they're incredibly stringent in their cleaning and clean off all the machinery before switching, which I highly doubt.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I'm not in a total freak out, but it makes me ill thinking that the lowest of the low is being made along with wellness and whatever.. All those ingredients that are beyond sketch with the stuff I worked so hard to find to actually feed my dog.. The huge yuck factor that it's all in one place...

Members online

No members online now.