Fertilizer on sidewalks

Allyse718

I want 2 b a dog 4 a day
I moved into my house about a year and a half ago. Ever since I've lived here they have used the same company to fertilize the grass. The company offers pet friendly fertilizer so that it doesn't hurt them. I have written to my homeowner's association, the company that fertilizes, and I don't know what he's called but he sort of "runs" the neighborhood. I received a letter back from the hoa saying they have gotten other letters with the same concerns, but they cannot "afford" to pay the extra cost. The company that fertilizes called me back and told me it would be ony $150 more-PER YEAR-so what does my hoa mean they can't afford it???? The "guy" that runs the neighborhood said the fertilizer they use now is safe.... YEAH RIGHT. I believed him the first time, until my dog ate a couple little pieces that got caught in her paws that I didn't get out and we had to take her to the emergency vet. I don't see how a "pet friendly" neighborhood can use unfriendly fertilizer. I don't know what else I could do. People drive about 100mph through the main street in my neighborhood, so I can't very well walk my dogs on the street without being scared that someone will hit me or my dogs. Anyone have any ideas? I've started taking my dogs in my car to my parent's neighborhood where they use the petfriendly fertilizer.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
if it makes the dog that sick..imagine what it does to the birds,rabbits and squirrels. i had no idea..just knew the stuff was bad. That is a shame, poor Mother Earth

Can you mobilize some of the other homeowners? The expenditures of the homeowners association should also be open so that you can actually see where your money is going. That gives you a basis for argument.

Members online

No members online now.