Golden Labrador Breeder in central TX?

Parajaka

Yellow Labrador Breeder in central TX?

Any reputable breeders someone could lead me to?

Last edited:

bubbatd

I think you mean a yellow lab don't you ?? Not a Golden Retriever/ Lab mix. Any lab breeder would have yellow pups, regardless of the color of the parents.

Canine Companions and other breeders of service dogs often crossbreed to get better service dogs. I think this is perfectly acceptable, as they are responsibly crossbreeding these dogs for a specific purpose. The dogs that do not make it into the program are neutered/spayed and adopted out (often to the puppyraiser). You may want to contact Canine Companions if you are interested in one of these dogs. The dogs that they adopt out are program "drop-outs" and are generally 1 1/2 to 2 years old. The "drop-outs" are not bad dogs, just dogs which are not quite cut out to be a service dog.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
The AKC have breeder referal, and should be able to point you in the direction of a good breeder of labs in your area (or fairly close!)
just check out their website. AKC.org

Julie

I am back again.
I think Reilly is interested in a yellow lab.

I have seen many call them golden labs. Which gets rather confusing.
Cause there are no golden labs, or white labs, or silver labs. They are Yellow, Black, Chocolate.

But I also could be mistaken.:D

Julie

I am back again.
jess2416 said:
I was surfing the web a couple of weeks ago and came across a "breeder" of silver labs
To me silver labs are about the equivalent to a "poo" breeder!!

A breeder that breeds for odd colors in my book is considered BY.

Not to mention the fact that AkC does not even recognize that color.......they have only three colors for labs........
Yellow
Choc
Black.......

Where does the standard go?????

Julie

I am back again.
http://www.silverlabs.com/

Nice looking dogs at first glance, but there is really no Akc registered silver labs. I see no OFA certs or health checks.

These dogs would either be classified as a choc, or a yellow. The silver is very misleading like you are getting a rare specimen.

Yep. Inbreeding at its best. Just like there is no BLACK golden retriever. But those byb's try to pawn them off. It's sad. And that's why so many of us are into rescues. I hope it continues, however, that we rescue more those that know no different and buy these "designer" breeds...

Members online

No members online now.