For those who work out

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Be it running, walking, weight lifting, or anything else I am forgetting, I am curious, what do you wear while working out?

I have recently started going to the gym with the boy and I will be going a lot and being a lot more active once we are moved into town and I currently have one pair of yoga style pants... so I am curious, what do you wear, where do you buy it?

I am looking for cheaper stuff. The gym we attend has some good stuff, really nice, but expensive, of course. I am not opposed to buying online, either.

:)

Yeah, cheap yoga pants here as well, and sweat pant type shorts. Wet Seal always has them for 5 or $20 or deals like that. I don't get any thing fancy to sweat in.

Saeleofu

I have several pairs of "workable" pants I've acquired at various places over the years, most from Walmart/Kmart/Thrift shop. They're not ideal, but they work, and are better than what I've been able to find lately while looking. Jogging pants will not cut it, they get too hot (good for outside activities when it's cold, but that's about it). Then just a big loose t-shirt. And a sports bra, of course ;) I had to get one of the most supportive ones because my boobs hurt after using the elliptical the first few times :rofl1: Oh, and my VFFs, of course! I only have KSOs, so I wear those. I bring flip flops for post-shower, because putting VFFs on when your feet are wet is impossible.

Running shorts (I buy at target when they're on sale), they don't ride up. I cannot wear pants. ever. I sweat too much and pants make me feel like I'm overheating.

Sports bra.. any ol' type. Usually Target brand. I'm small chested, so nothing major needed there.

Goodwill t-shirts. I like buying ones with designs or logos over the boob area. TMI, but that area can get quite perky while running or lifting, so I buy tshirts that don't bring attention to that fact.

Also, again, I sweat a lot, so after a while the smell will not wash out of my shirts, so I can't justify buying fancy workout clothes if I have to throw them out when they get stinky.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
I bike to and from work 5 days a week, 4 miles each way, and I just wear jeans and a wifebeater with a light hoodie over it. i ought to get something cooler/breathes better but... meh.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I wear lululemon crops. They're pricier but I love them and nothing else has been able to match their quality. I do have a pair of Costco yoga pants but I only wear them for agility as they have no gusset and ride up when doing stretchy things.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I have a pair of lululemon shorts and I usually just wear old t-shirts. Usually most girls/women here at the gym wear something similar unless they're very into body building or something, which doesn't happen too often. Typically the adults wear yoga pants/capris.

Torch

I like tight, spandex type knickers that come down to my knees if I'm in the gym. They don't move around and don't ride up. I'm not sure what they're really called. Maybe running tights? I own several of various brands. Then I usually just wear a loose t-shirt or tank top.

If I'm out hiking or walking I usually wear basketball shorts. Breathable, have pockets, and don't ride up my butt.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I bike to and from work 5 days a week, 4 miles each way, and I just wear jeans and a wifebeater with a light hoodie over it. i ought to get something cooler/breathes better but... meh.
I can't even imagine!! I bet if you buy some real workout clothes, you'll never be able to go back to jeans& tank!

I wear mostly Lulu or Nike ..I have WAY too much workout clothes (as in ..there is a dresser. Just for them. Not a drawer..) and I have some cheapo ones. I did recently discover Joe Fresh makes workout clothes& they are pretty awesome& significantly cheaper ..but I'm not sure how available they are everywhere yet?
I find most cheaper stuff doesn't work as well at keeping sweat off& doesn't hold up through as many washing before showing wear& tear!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Target stuff all the way - their C9 line really seems to work well. I have running skirts, running shorts, capris, yoga pants, running leggings, a couple tanks, sports bras, and a few wicking tshirts, all C9 brand, that I rotate depending on activity and weather.

thehoundgirl

I have two pairs of yoga pants for zumba. They're from walmart. As for tops I have a lot of tank tops that I got last year on sale so I wear those. Mostly from kmart but I have a few walmart ones as well.

RD

Are you dead yet?
What makes lululemon pants so superior? Just curious. I've never been able to justify shelling out the money for them without a good reason.

I practically live in yoga pants. Mostly get cheap ones, my most expensive ones are Danskins but they're too big for me, and I loved a brand called Xersion from JC penney but I dunno if they carry them anymore.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
What makes lululemon pants so superior? Just curious. I've never been able to justify shelling out the money for them without a good reason.

I practically live in yoga pants. Mostly get cheap ones, my most expensive ones are Danskins but they're too big for me, and I loved a brand called Xersion from JC penney but I dunno if they carry them anymore.
Well, they last FOREVER. Seriously, I still have a few pairs that are 3-4yrs old& look brand new. And I wear them A LOT and for some fairly heavy workouts ..one pair has done a few 100km rides on the bike with me. As long as you wash them only with other workout clothes, they never pill. My oldest pants don't have any pills! Also, they don't stretch out over time or fade. I love them.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I've got a pair of Costco yoga pants, a pair of Reebok soccer shorts and then just wear cheap Target tank tops or various tshirts from my dog jobs. I have a wide variety of jackets depending on the weather that I got from Target as well.

Members online

No members online now.