The Venting Thread

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I woke up with a terrible stiff neck and my jeans are one squat to put something on a low shelf from ripping and all the flies that got in yesterday while I was bringing in my orders are dive bombing me.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So my landlord wanted to come meet me at my house to look at a few repairs I need (including my toilet). Just called that they can't make it. I'm kind of frustrated since I took off 2 hours of work to meet them. :/

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I really dislike the phrase "well I am entitled to my opinion" whenever teir opinion is challenged. Well... Yeah you are entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to the ONLY opinion. Sharing your opinion means others are also entitled to their opinions about YOUR opinion

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Also, i am SICK to death of political ads. My favorite time of year will be any day after november 6th. SHUT UP already

And not just ads but all the sensationalist crap that comes with it on facebook

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Now my landlord wants to meet me at 8 am tomorrow. Which means no Saturday morning hike unless I skip my art class (again). It starts at 10. Decisions, decisions. It's supposed to be nice and cool tomorrow morning but by the afternoon will be in the 80s.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I hope that your boss will listen to your side of the story- I'm sure she knows you would never hurt a dog. Didn't you just get a really good raise recently? I'm sure you won't get in trouble over this!
Ya I didn't end up getting in trouble. Woot! I'm still upset that the lady thought I was choking a dog though. :(

I haven't been feeling all that well today. In fact... I haven't been feeling all that well the past few weeks. I've been under a lot of stress though so I think the stress is making me sick to my stomach. Not good.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
The S4 smelled like gas when I got in it earlier. The line busted off the second pump mounted under the car before so I figured it decided to do that again. Looked everywhere under the car, no fuel. Checked that line, dry. Okay, maybe I'm just crazy. Start the car, idles for two seconds and dies. So there is a fuel leak and I'm now stranded in an empty parking lot. Go up front to pop the hood. There's gas all over the ground near the front passenger side. It takes me almost no time to realize that the fuel line came out of the AN fitting off the filter. Cool. I have no extra line and no tools. My friend comes with tools, we get more line, fix it in the parking lot, everything's fine. I'm now stuck in the parking lot again because the line coming off one of the fuel rails broke off of the AN fitting. Kill me.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Ya I didn't end up getting in trouble. Woot! I'm still upset that the lady thought I was choking a dog though. :(
Blech, hate misunderstandings like that. A couple weeks ago one of the techs I work with thought I filled a prescription wrong. The dog was also boarding with us, so I had to write on her boarding sheet the medications she needed. What ended up happening was another tech medicated her when she didn't need it, and somehow this other tech twisted it in her head that it was my fault the mistake was made. But I did everything correctly and I told her that but she just wasn't getting it.... I felt horrible because even though I KNOW I did nothing wrong, obviously this other person thinks that I can't even fill a prescription now.

I have to work tomorrow. Ick. This should be my weekend off but I agreed to cover for someone. Stupid stupid!! I hate working Saturdays.

Emiley's parents were out at a fancy restaurant looking very festive - I happened apon someone or other's facebook account and under "mobile uploads" I saw a familiar looking face. I clicked out of curiosity and guess whom popped up....

I know it's kinda stalker-ish and whatnot (my fb has extremely restricted access to my other internet accounts, I next to never do mobile uploads, and I NEVER use check ins, four square etc - you want things kept private, then keep them OFF a public site I say.) but still it irked me. Your daughter has just been discovered dead by her own hand due to something possibly related to your treatment/neglect of her and you find the spirits to go paint the town red with friends??? I'm sorry - I'm disgusted by that. No damned excuse.

Stephy, how they conduct themselves after her death is pretty indicative of how they cared about her in life.

The one positive thing I can say about it is at least they aren't being hypocrites?

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I'm having to make decisions and evaluate one of my coworkers for his grade for his work experience. I like him, he's a good guy, but when it comes to this I have to be honest as I'm technically his supervisor. He's just a teenage boy though and sometimes their brains fall out, his mistakes are serious though =(

Being an adult and in a position of somewhat power over people sucks.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I should not get into threads on other forums that go along the lines of 'there is no reason to get a well bred dog and I hate breeders and you will never convince me otherwise.'

This is what happens when Chaz is blocked at my work! I browse other, crazier forums.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I should not get into threads on other forums that go along the lines of 'there is no reason to get a well bred dog and I hate breeders and you will never convince me otherwise.'

This is what happens when Chaz is blocked at my work! I browse other, crazier forums.
I joined a small breed forum once.
THE HORROR
THE HOORRORRRR!!!

Barbara!

Yup, what forum were you on in particular?

I have had issues like this with dachshund forums. Batty people.

Went next door to check on something.

Mom's painting her kitchen cabinets. She's always complaining about having too much to do, but WTF . . .

So I ask her a question. She can't hear me (she's selectively hard of hearing, let me grumble under my breath and she has the ears of a predator who catches prey by sound), so I have to repeat it.

No big deal, simple answer. Done.

A couple of minutes later she gets up. Puts her hand in the wet paint she just put on the side of the cabinet and starts screaming about how she messed up her paint because *no one* will leave her alone.

Yes.

Screaming.

So my dad starts chimes in and starts on me for "upsetting your mother."

I tell him you can't rationalize crazy and there's no excuse for pure meanness.

Barbara!

We are struggling to catch up with our bills and someone at my boyfriends work damaged the truck they drive. And since they don't know who because they won't admit to it, the boss is taking the money to fix it out of everyone's checks. (It is a cantaloupe sized hole in the box part of a moving van.) The boss is claiming it will cost $1,500 to fix it and is taking $250 out of Josh's check this week. We don't have the money for this. We have bills, **** it. We have rent, electric...we currently have NO food in our house. This is such bullshit and I am pissed.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
We're having an adoption day at the store with a local cat rescue and its a disaster. First they show up an hour Kate after calling yesterday to double check times. Then they bring twice as many cats as they said, and then they forget all their crates and stuff so I'm running around finding somewhere for these cats to go. Bah!

I agree Renee, but a little bit of reverence wouldn't be out of the question would it? For f&ck's sake - my own parents that thought Emii was abit hard to grasp have been very upset at what happened and our house has pretty much gone into mourning. Outdoor lights are on at night, candles are lit, incense is burned, and bright colors are avoided all as per traditional practices as well as some non-traditional ones I practice; I'm not saying they have to go all out and never get on with their lives or be weeping their hearts out or anything...but at least some sort of gesture of respect/reservation after their child has passed?

I don't know, I really don't...

Stephy, how they conduct themselves after her death is pretty indicative of how they cared about her in life.

The one positive thing I can say about it is at least they aren't being hypocrites?

Members online