Breeds and Owners

noludoru

Bored Now.
Zoom is an Aussie? LOL

I don't think I fit my Cutedor Springer Pointer's temperament at all, though. I'm just not friendly or wiggly enough.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
What's so hard to believe? I'm cute and adorable, occasionally too loud and highly protective if need be. :D

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Let's see.
Auggie is not very high strung, but is equally happy to be super active or a little lazy. His default mode is to be in a pleasant mood, he loves just about everybody he meets, is super outgoing and makes friends fast. He picks up on new things fast and is a "thinking" dog, trying to figure out new ways to do old things better and faster.

I don't know if every single day I would describe myself as "not very high strung" (I like to THINK I'm pretty low key, but apparently that's just because I've successfully suppressed my anxiety disorder to the max...) but yeah, everything else is pretty close. I also don't know if I'm a thinker as much as Auggie is... no, wait... yeah, yeah I am.

Maybe that's why I'm drawn to of particular TYPE of sheltie - the oldschool type that is like Auggie - and why I reject the soft, sensitive type of sheltie that is common now..? Huh.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Lol Zoom :p I have a mutt but I've had other pure bred dogs before. I'm not sure which I'm most like since I was fairly young when we had our purebred Chows, lab, golden and whatnot. I may have to look up chows, I've heard they're protective something fierce and if I decide to befriend someone, I'm the same way.

Most def! And one of the reasons I choose them...

I can be aloof with strangers...

You need to earn my respect and if you mistreat me, I may never forgive it...

I'm stubborn...

And I have an incredible depth of character to those I hold dear and if you are worthy of my attention.

Why A Skye

Most def! And one of the reasons I choose them...

I can be aloof with strangers...

You need to earn my respect and if you mistreat me, I may never forgive it...

I'm stubborn...

And I have an incredible depth of character to those I hold dear and if you are worthy of my attention.

Why A Skye
LMAO!!!

Many a writer has said that "Like attracts like" and in the case of Skye terrer owners and their skyes, it is very true. A Skye Terrier will respect an owner that treats them fairly and firmly, in fact, it may be a basic requirement of ownership. This does not mean brut force since a Skye does not need or easily accept physical discipline. A strong voice and an attitude that does not leave room for maybe, will allow for better results. Skye Terriers have a strong disposition and respect strength of character in others.
You know I had to . . .

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I have a hard time thinking of myself as a big, silly, howly hound. I don't drool. My eyes ARE bloodshot a lot of the time. I am definitely not a Beagle.

Most of my life I have had Scottish Terriers. They are dour, stubborn, loyal to those they love, but there aren't many they love. Grumpy with strangers, but silly in the company of their own, and game to try anything. I like to think of myself that way.

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
Now I'm curious to find out what everyone thinks of me :rofl1:

ETA: If ANYONE, ANYONE says I'm most like Noodle.....I will flip out.:mad:

I was only like Wally (Greyound) in the way that I tend to be quiet and can fit myself into almost all social situations with ease. But I am DEFINITELY like my Alapaha Bulldogs in the fact that I can take a lot of crap, but when you really **** me off you'd best watch out 'cause I ain't gonna back down! ;)

adojrts

AH!! I have been told countless times by friends that I am just like OR are they just like me? my dogs!! To quote them verbatim: Your a mouthy, tenacious little ****!! And I agree.

chanda

i've known several people that act sometimes like their dog... or maybe the dog just sometimes mimic or pick up the behavior of their owners...

LauraLeigh

AH!! I have been told countless times by friends that I am just like OR are they just like me? my dogs!! To quote them verbatim: Your a mouthy, tenacious little ****!! And I agree.
LOL.... Sounds about right;)

I on the other hand was fairly quiet and not likely to stand up for myself.... Until I got terriers, and met you.... Not if it was you or the dogs but I have little trouble standing up for myself now:D

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
I have been told Maggie May is me in dog form. Not trusting of strangers, short, silly, loyal to my family, and cuddley. Oh and can be bossy and have low patience with the younger ones lol.

Im not quite so spastic as Sawyer lol. We are both athletic and hate being cooped up though. And we are both pretty friendly but if you threaten our family we will attack if need be lol. Though im not quite the social butterfly he is lol.

Even though Maggie isn't a typical Cocker I think I take after them more than Labs.

adojrts

LOL.... Sounds about right;)

I on the other hand was fairly quiet and not likely to stand up for myself.... Until I got terriers, and met you.... Not if it was you or the dogs but I have little trouble standing up for myself now:D
Agreed!! You are not the same person that I met all those years ago and you do a lovely job of having your own opinions and stating them now. If I had anything to do with that, then I am happy !! My job is done.........lol

Members online

No members online now.