This is what I ate today...

milos_mommy

For dinner I ate a half salad from Wendy's that I didn't finish last night - lettuce, grilled chicken, nuts with some kind of gross sugary stuff on them, blue cheese, apples, cranberries - and pomegranate vinaigrette but I used about a teaspoon of that. I don't care for salad dressing very much.

Also had a quesadilla on two small flour tortillas with mexican blend cheese and steak, salsa and sour cream.

And I'm still 500 calories short for today :( and I ate a cupcake.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
So today I had 1 serving of tuna with a tbsp of olive oil mayo and 1tbsp of ranch dressing on a bed of spinach. I had a chocolate granOla bar too.

For dinner, salsa chicken. I had 4 strips of chicken (two long strips and two short ones) with the sauce (pinto beans, salsa and spinach with seasoning) and green beans on the side

tzigane

Minute Microwave Cheesecake today! Found a really convenient recipe online, incredibly easy.

Grabbed a mug, dumped in some cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla extract, one packet of sugar replacement, and one egg... put that in the microwave for 90 seconds, then in the fridge to cool down, and my sweet tooth is happy :) 299 calories, 3 carbs, 28 fat, and 11 protein.

I also had some iced coffee with soy milk (3 carbs in a cup) and sugar free vanilla sweetener (2 carbs per tablespoon). I wound up pouring some of the coffee into my mug of cheesecake and it was SO GOOD.
That sounds good! Makes me wish I had a microwave.

Since several people in the resolutions thread said they wanted to cook more this year, maybe I/we could make a "What's cooking?" thread. Post/share recipes, what you are/are planning on cooking, etc. Then we'd be able to find new foods and keep each other motivated to cook more.

Today I had: 3 or 4 tablespoons of peanut butter, a glass of milk, and some maple-miso glazed sweet potato tacos with a coconut lime cilantro sauce. Paired it with a simple honey-lemon margarita. Yummm! So good.

xpaeanx

Breakfast: Kefir

Lunch: Spring mix salad with cheese

Dinner: Tonight was an I need to clean out the fridge...Crock pot time!... left over chicken broth, most of a jar of left over pasta sauce, the ends of various bags of beans I had laying around, what was left of my frozen spinach, a can of corn I needed to get rid of, and some turkey meat.

Equinox

Had to increase my protein intake, so dinner for me was canned chicken, with one tablespoon of mayonnaise and a sprinkle of pepper, paprika, and garlic seasoning. Also shredded one little cube of mild cheddar cheese on top.

Sorry for the bad picture, even by cell phone standards!

338 calories, 0 carbs (yes!!), 17 fat, 48 protein.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I got to have sushi for lunch today... yummmmm... I can't do rice or anything so I literally just ate plain pieces of raw fish... no soy sauce because I'm not sure if that is paleo friendly or not. The salmon had a really nice flavor though so I was happy. Only 260 calories for lunch.

Tomorrow morning I'm having an egg omelet for breakfast... eggs, tomato and New Mexican Hatch green chile and not sure what else I should add to it. I have some chicken I could probably shred and scramble into the omelet... hmm...

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Needed a snack before dinner, so berry sorbet with strawberries and pomegranate from work fit the bill. For dinner ginseng chicken soup and chicken and broccoli in a Malaysian BBQ sauce. If it isn't obvious, I like chicken, lol.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Breakfast: A PB&J sandwich with 15 grain bread, a handful of almonds, a few strawberries, and water.

Lunch: We were on the road, so I ended up eating a mini Snickers, orange PowerAde zero, and four packages of those little orange peanut butter cracker things. Whoops.

Dinner: Unsure. If I do eat anything, it'll probably be a salad.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to make some sort of frozen berry thingy, since I have a huge bag of frozen blueberries in the freezer.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I call this one Ants on a Log v2.0

It's simply albacore tuna, a bit of mayonnaise (cause I'm still slightly terrible), and halved grape tomatoes nestled in a heart of romaine leaf. I ate it like a burrito.
So yummy and more filling then it looks! I love how crunchy it is!

TunaBoat by laurenscoombs, on Flickr

Calories: 241
Protein: 30g
Fat: 12g (would be 2g if you forego mayonnaise)
Carbs: 1g
I am drooling a tiny bit. That sounds so much better than a sub with bread.

Trick with the mayo - add 1 tbsp of mayo into greek yogurt. It will give you the flavor without all the calories.

Saeleofu

Ramen for brunch.

Biscuits and gravy for dinner, along with a pot of vanilla tea.

I've been considering trying some tuna with avocado as a snack for a couple hours now. It sounds soooooooooooooooooooo good and I got tuna and avocados at the store earlier. It's that or cookies, so...

Anyone know if boiled eggs freeze/thaw well? I'm trying to plan a way to make it stupidly easy to eat right. In the past the only thing that's worked was pre-making a freezing meals. If I could make a week or two weeks worth of food ahead of time, freeze them in individual servings/days, then it would be perfect.

tzigane

Anyone know if boiled eggs freeze/thaw well? I'm trying to plan a way to make it stupidly easy to eat right. In the past the only thing that's worked was pre-making a freezing meals. If I could make a week or two weeks worth of food ahead of time, freeze them in individual servings/days, then it would be perfect.
I haven't actually tried it, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no. Proteins generally aren't the greatest freezers. While it's in there it's constantly sublimating and depositing in very small amounts - the ice turns to vapor and the vapor turns to ice - which damages the proteins and causes them to become tough, chewy, and generally gross. Given that eggs typically have a high moisture content (even though the process of boiling them gets rid of some of that moisture, there's still some there), that makes them double bad for freezing. More moisture = more ice crystals, and things with high moisture just don't thaw well, anyway (think about frozen spinach or herbs).

They will keep for several days (I've even done up to a week before). I used to boil 6-8 at a time and just nom on them throughout the week.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I had another tuna and spinach salad. It's so yummy lol and I'm not really into salads most of the time.

I also had one slice of whole wheat bread with a tbsp of peanut butter on it.

not eating anything else before I go to my fitness class tonight. Supposedly our program this month is called combat :O sounds scary lol.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Had an avacado for breakfast since I didn't have time to make an omelette.

Lunch was sushi sashimi (tuna and salmon). Had that yesterday but the sushi place by my work has a half off deal right now.

Snack: Apple

Dinner.... Not sure yet

Equinox

Eggs, green bell peppers, and fried sliced pork belly for brunch.

459 calories total, 4 net carbs, 28 fat, 34 protein.

monkeys23

I want to reach in and steal your noms Equinox!!!

I guess I could make my own, lol I do have everything there... but where's the fun in that!?

milos_mommy

Eggs don't freeze well. But they keep in the fridge at least 4-5 days, if not longer, and boiled eggs don't take very long. It'd be doable to make them every handful of nights

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I had another tuna and spinach salad. It's so yummy lol and I'm not really into salads most of the time.

I also had one slice of whole wheat bread with a tbsp of peanut butter on it.

not eating anything else before I go to my fitness class tonight. Supposedly our program this month is called combat :O sounds scary lol.
Aren't the tuna salads awesome? I'm like I'LL ONLY EAT THEM FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Today hasn't been great. These stupid peanut butter crackers!

Breakfast: 3 packages of peanut butter crackers and a pint of blueberries

Lunch: Salad with all the "salad junk".

Snack: 2 packages of peanut butter crackers and a handful of cashews.

Unsure what dinner will be.

Members online

No members online now.