Shaved like a lion

Lions are my favorite animals, so I got the idea to shave my male dog like a lion, he needed a shave anyways.

Before.

After.

His body has been shaved down, whats been left behind, still trimmed a little is, the tip of his tail, his eblows, his neck and chest, some on his feet, and a nice furry strip down his belly like a real lion.

I had fun and he seems to enjoy his new look, he is so handsome.

Hope you guys like it, its new cut so when he grows into it he will look real good, right now he looks like a young nomad.

Dekka

Just try me..
He is very cute. Nice clip job. However he needs to go on quite a serious diet :yikes:

He is very cute. Nice clip job. However he needs to go on quite a serious diet :yikes:
lol, He does indeed look fat however he actually isn't he really doesn't eat that much as well.

He eats 3 1/2 cups 2 times a day. His entire body is solid and not squishy, he runs and works out a lot, to impressive the ladies. :rofl1:

But he was once really fat, now he is slimming down and getting really solid body.

Thanks for saying its a nice clip job, I'm pretty new at clipping, I've clipped him probably three time maybe 4.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
He's eating SEVEN cups a day? What are you feeding?!

Most clients dogs i've seen that are about his size eat 2-3 cups max of high quality food. Maybe even less on Orijen or Evo.

Dekka

Just try me..
Holey crap that is a LOT of food!! He should feel like the back of your hand, very firm. You posted older pics where he looked a lot better, these changes can sneak up on you and him. He is eating 6 times the amount as our active and large BC!!

He has almost no tuck up, and with the hair gone its pretty obvious its fat not fluff. He is far too cute to have all the health issues that come with overweight (lol I am not so cute, that is my personal excuse)

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Nice clip...he looks cute.

I would feed him less. He is a Springer mix? My collie is a 50 lb dog and she gets about 2 cups a day split into two meals. She is currently on grainfree Canidae.

Goodness me, I'm sorry I did not mean to say 3 1/2 cups twice a day, I'm sorry guys for scaring you guys, I was reading something else while typing.

I feed him Old Yeller, I feed him 3 1/2 cups once a day, of course split out. Thats what it says to do for his weight on the bag. It said 4 cups but thats too much.

So sorry for confusing you all.

What do you recommend, 2 cups a day?

Dekka

Just try me..
I don't know what is in that food (we don't have it here I think) But Sport gets 2 cups a day as we are trying to put weight on (seems he had worms). Normally he gets just under two a day of Acana or Orijen. I don't know how much he weighs, but he is a good sized BC.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Goodness me, I'm sorry I did not mean to say 3 1/2 cups twice a day, I'm sorry guys for scaring you guys, I was reading something else while typing.

I feed him Old Yeller, I feed him 3 1/2 cups once a day, of course split out. Thats what it says to do for his weight on the bag. It said 4 cups but thats too much.

So sorry for confusing you all.

What do you recommend, 2 cups a day?
I'd recommend not feeding Old Yeller :yikes:

Ingredients: Ground yellow corn, meat and bone meal, soybean meal, poultry by-product meal, wheat middlings, animal fat (preserved with BHA), animal digest, brewers rice, salt, brewers dried yeast, brewers dried grains, dried whey, propionic acid (a preservative), choline chloride, calcium carbonate, rice mill by-product, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, vitamin A/D3/E/B12 supplement, red 40, manganous oxide, copper sulfate, niacin supplement, calcium pantothenate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), ethylenediamine dihydriodide, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, colbalt carbonate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Go to an actual feed store... Not Wal-mart or your supermarket... And find a food with some actual nutrition in it.

Ground yellow corn, meat and bone meal, soybean meal, poultry by-product meal, wheat middlings, animal fat (preserved with BHA), animal digest, brewers rice, salt, brewers dried yeast, brewers dried grains, dried whey, propionic acid (a preservative), choline chloride, calcium carbonate, rice mill by-product, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, vitamin A/D3/E/B12 supplement, red 40, manganous oxide, copper sulfate, niacin supplement, calcium pantothenate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), ethylenediamine dihydriodide, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, colbalt carbonate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite

I've highlighted the poor ingredients in the food.

I'd recommend not feeding Old Yeller :yikes:
What do you recommend? We just started this food recently. I kinda have a bad feeling about it, it smells like greese, so I'm going with something else.

Whats the best for a spaniel breed?

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I don't know anything about Old Yeller. I feed Kirkland right now though I'm researching into some grain free options since I'd like to change foods

My 45lb border collie only gets 1.5 to 2 cups a day... however he gets an additional 1/2 cup on days where he's a LOT more active. He gains weight pretty easily (opposite of the way he was when I first got him) so I have to be careful to not feed him him much more or he'll pudge up.

Cricket is 25lbs and she gets about the same as Bamm though she got a little bit extra food when she was much younger and growing.

Both of my dogs are at a healthy weight

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
You will definitely want to switch to a different food if you can. Look for something that has as little grain as possible or is grainfree. One of my dogs is on Canidae and the other is on Ancana. There are many very good dog foods available.

I avoid anything with corn, foods, treats all that stuff if it has corn it is not going in my dogs mouth.

Sorry for making this food mistake.

Thanks to all for the advice, will be changing diet and amount fed and we will see how he looks after a few weeks.

I'm really sorry guys about how much I was feeding. Will be switching asap.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
That so cute! :p

I agree with others - Old Yeller, not a good food! :eek: Not sure what you options are or budget is, but almost anything is better than that! Others mentioned Kirklands or Diamond Naturals and those are pretty inexpensive and good.

Harleigh is 65 pounds and gets fed 1.5 cups of kibble in the morning and (around) 20oz raw at night... and I still get told she needs to add 10 pounds (lol)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Diamond Naturals (has to be the naturals not the regular ones), Taste of the Wild, Wellness, Blue Buffalo, Acana, Orijen, Evo, Innova, Healthwise are all good choices.

They sell Innova and Blue Buffalo in Petsmart, and some have Wellness too (which i believe Petco has too).

Members online

No members online now.