I bought a puppy from a rescue.Cost of...

I went & bought a puppy from a rescue & when I bought her I asked the rescue owner what breed is she & he said he did not know.I went to the vet so,she could get her shots & a check up & the vet said she could be a couple of breeds.She showed me a book with dogs/puppies pictures in it & she looks like 3 dog breeds.Tan & Black Coonhound,Rottweiler, & doberman.I have went on a least 8 web site trying to find something close to what she looks like.My sister spoke of a blood test to find out which breed she was but,it will cost at least $1600.00.Is that too high or, should I just give up trying to find out her dog breed?Thank you for your time!:D

~Tucker&Me~

Wow, I heard of blood tests that cost $75...

I also heard they were relatively unreliable.

The people on this forum are pretty good at guessing breeds. Try posting pictures and we may be able to help.

~Tucker

It's hard to tell, too, when they're still very young. As she gets older, you'll be able to make better guesses from not only her appearance and size, but her behaviors.

hbwright

I've had Summer for 13 wonderful years and I have no clue what is really in her. It is so much fun guessing though and a conversation piece for everybody that meets her.

Members online

No members online now.