Awake at this hour

SpringerLover

I am awake at this hour because Buzz is not having an easy time recovering from surgery. Tonight he had an accident while he slept. I just got done cleaning up the dog and throwing bedding in the wash.

I feel SO BAD looking/listening to him. He feels like crap and it's obvious. All last night his stomach was gurgling something crazy, he pooped 3+ times outside and apparently still had more in him.

Poor Buzz, poor Tim (he's been really understanding), and I am full of woe over having to get up at 3am to clean up the dog and his bed and find alternatives while the wash runs. Mrrrrrg.

Please just feel better in the morning, Buzz!

chaospony

Poor Buzz!
And poor you, it's no fun to watch them suffer through an uncomfortable recovery.
What kind of surgery did he have done?

When Wassim was recovering from his hip surgery I used a thick old quilt, folded a few times as an easy wash bed. I put a thicker blanket underneath for extra padding too.

I have been up since 5 am not because my dog is sick but because she is a brat, and decided she was too thirsty to sleep. :lol-sign:
Of course I am now wide awake and she is fast asleep again. Never fails!

SpringerLover

What kind of surgery did he have done?
He had two teeth extracted and two lumps removed. I know he's recovering slower because he's older but this is killing me.

We went outside at least another three times before 8:30am. It got to the point that I just put him outside and watched from the door. He isn't having diarrhea but he isn't feeling well either. I just fed him a tiny amount of food to take his meds in so we'll see how he feels in an hour or so.

Taqroy

Aw poor guy. I hope he starts feeling better soon - that kind of sick is awful. (((hugs)))

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Aww...poor Buzz

I hope he is mending today and that you get to cuddle up and nap with him to catch up on some sleep.

SpringerLover

He napped comfortably for about an hour this morning and then rested comfortably for a while longer. He begged to go outside right before I had to leave for school and had a more-formed stool. I've spoken to my vet and he said that as long as we do see improvement, he's eating/drinking/peeing/pooping, to just keep on keeping on.

He may have been perkier this morning, or I could have been imagining it.

I have to go sign and pick up keys for my apartment and I hope he's been okay while I've been gone.

This is the worst! I was not expecting him to have this much trouble recovering!

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
The old gents just don't shrug things off so easy...

I remember when my spaniel Patton had to have surgery at age 12...he gave us a good scare when one of his incisions did not want to stop bleeding (he'd had some tumor removals and a dental).

I am glad to hear he seems to be perking up :)

SpringerLover

Definite improvement this afternoon! He was sleeping soundly when I got home, I woke him and we went for a walk! Now he's had a snack and we're watching MIB 3 with Tim :)

Members online

No members online now.