Mud, Ribbons, Hunting Tiny Creatures, Breakfast, Tree Slaying, and More

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
A rather rambling collection of photos from the last couple weeks...

"PLEASE throw my toy? PLEASE!?"

"How 'bout if I close my eyes? I won't peek! Promise!"

And then the control freak herderbrain photobombed. And Da Cheese streeeeetched (Kim's actually the taller of the two at the shoulder) so she wouldn't lose sight of her toy.

Kim says. "Wut? Oh were you two doing something? Without me? I had NO idea..."

Cookie is a hilarious and geeky adolescent these days. You can't see it in the grass, but she's standing over the tennis ball and apparently feeling 10 feet tall. Bratty little pastry.

Where's Webster, you wonder? Zooming off to eat pears from the dratted Bradford pear tree, of course.

Cheese!

Kim is still a mighty mouse hunter, and is fluffed out in her ridiculously plush winter coat.
"I heard a rustle!"

Pounce!

Mira says the mouse got away but that's okay because she is pretty sure there is a tennis ball in my pocket. And she would like to have it. Now.

And then we slew the Bradford Pear. All hail the tree-slayer.

<more>

Last edited:

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Breakfast with the ShaiCrew. At least three hours late, they would have you know. And yes, Webster is totally flipping me off with his ear.

Chow time!

After breakfast we are back to hunting. This time for crayfish.
"Heeeeere leetle crayfishy...Imma gonna eat youuuu..."

Here's the end of the year ribbon collection from two agility trials. Top row left is Webster's MX and MXJ plus Mira's MX (no particular order). The four on the right are QQs, 3 for Mira and 1 for Webby. Bottom is Qs and placements. Pups have been doing well. Both dogs think posing with ribbons is stupid, in case that's not obvious lol.

They would rather be out making a mess with the Macadamia Nut

Mud zoomies! She totally cracks me up.

Sandy Puppy says sitting and staying is much less fun than mudpuddle zoomies.

~the end~

SaraB

Fantastic pictures as always!! I adore your crew, Webster is still my fav and I would steal him in a heart beat. <---- fair warning for if I ever come in contact with him.

Great shots! I love the one of them waiting on breakfast. They look quite miserable. lol

Dogs6

Plus One
I'm going to need Kim shipped here please. A mouse ran up my arm when I was feeding the horses and the 4 dogs and a cat that I had all just looked at me. I could hear them thinking "look a new friend, can we keep him?!" . I was not amused.

Your pics are all awesome. I adore Cookie, I'm going to miss seeing her! Webster is always adoreable, he looks too dignified to run haha. Mira makes me want a flatcoat!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I love your pictures. They capture your crew so well.

I love but hate sandy puppies at the same time lol. They always want to come snuggle after playing in the sand. :p

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I showed Cookies last photo to Denis and he said, yeah get that one. I think he was referring to this morning when I asked him what kind of little dog I should get. He now keeps saying no, get that when I start to ask about his opinions on small dogs. lol

Webby cracks me up in those eating pics.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
You have absolutely stunning dogs. What's the story with Cookie, I noticed your sig said she's only temporary? She's cute. She should stay forever. ;)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Oh boy, I don't know how Miss Cookie is going back after that last photo...boy oh boy.

Love your crew, so diverse! :D

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
You have absolutely stunning dogs. What's the story with Cookie, I noticed your sig said she's only temporary? She's cute. She should stay forever. ;)
Cookie is Mira's half-sister (same mother) and...well long story short her father has the same ancestry as the dog Mira will likely be bred to. So she is similar to what my Mira (who is a co-own with her breeder) will produce if her planned litter goes forward and is successful. Follow? lol. When I tried explaining this to my husband...well I had to draw out the various family trees to illustrate.

I had terrible puppy fever earlier this year but am not ready for a fourth dog...and the competition entry fees and such that go along with a fourth dog of the sort I would want...but I did have time for a puppy so after a long conversation with Mira's breeders, they offered to let me borrow their keeper puppy from their 2012 litter...a.k.a. Cookie. So I brought her back with me when I visited them in August and she'll be going home at the end of this month or early next month to finish growing up and do field and conformation and hopefully some agility too. She's been having a blast doing puppy foundation work for obedience, field, and agility...going along to trials...swimming...running through the woods...doing meet'n greets at busy places...going to construction sites...basically all the stuff that puppies need to do to ensure their environment and good genes result in a stable, biddable, driven workaholic adult dog. Her breeders will hopefully get back a green, unfinished dog with a very good working foundation in any environment. And I get a couple months of puppy playtime, in-depth knowledge of how this combination of genes turned out at least in this individual, and did I mention puppy snuggles and playtime? :)

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171286&highlight=macadamia

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I get it! Thanks for explaining :) Hopefully her breeders aren't too far away, I want to see more pictures of her!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Fantastic pictures as always!! I adore your crew, Webster is still my fav and I would steal him in a heart beat. <---- fair warning for if I ever come in contact with him.
There is a reason (well, several reasons) he did not go to Minnesota with us last summer ;)

Great shots! I love the one of them waiting on breakfast. They look quite miserable. lol
Cute pictures! I love Webster! I love that he can flip you off with his ear :) haha
They would like you to know that they are tortured and it is very horrible to live here. Worse yet when I release them one by one for their meal. Pooooor pups.

Oh boy, I don't know how Miss Cookie is going back after that last photo...boy oh boy.
:'(

I get it! Thanks for explaining :) Hopefully her breeders aren't too far away, I want to see more pictures of her!
I'm sure I will see her again. And I'll be pestering them for photos from time to time :)

These are just the best photos! Tree Slayer Webster is full of Awesome.
Webster was so funny about that tree. First he was giddy with joy that the WHOLE TREE was within his reach and thousands upon thousands of teeny tiny delicious pears were RIGHT THERE...and then we hauled it away and his life was a tragedy...until he discovered how many little fallen pears remained in the grass from all the chaos...oh the emotional rollercoaster that is Webster's life... :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I second the comment that they are stunning. THeyy also look well loved and well cared for. IT shines in every one of your photos.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Cookie is so adorable! And I don't know how you can be so mean to Webster.
Woe is Webster! And thanks I think so too...gonna miss that kid :(

I second the comment that they are stunning. THeyy also look well loved and well cared for. IT shines in every one of your photos.
Thank you, smkie!

Harrrrr there's my WEBBY boy looking fine and gorgeous. Love the pics SHAI! :D
HE IS STILL ALL YOUR FAULT! :p

Members online

No members online now.