Can someone tell me this breed?

mcmuphin

My mother took a trip to Mississippi and brought back an adorable little puppy. Shes a sort of coffee color with darker brown spotting. Her name is Trixie.

The man she got her from claimed she was a Catahoula leopard hound, but I doubt thats the case as I've looked them up on multiple occasions and found that none of the Catahoula dogs that I saw resembled Trixie at all. I'm including a link to a picture of her. I'm hoping someone will recognize her breed. Thanks!:)

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/chris2266/IMG_1373.jpg

milos_mommy

She looks like a catahoula to me! There's a wide range of coloring and builds within the catahoula leopard dog breed...she could have a little bit of another breed somewhere back in her ancestry, too. But I would call her a catahoula leopard dog or a catahoula mix.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
As Milo's Mom said, there is a lot of variety in the breed "type". Also, there is a Leopard Cur (now called the American Leopard Hound - UKC recognized), that looks very similar and many folks use the names interchangeably with the Catahoula Leopard Dog.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
looks like a houla mix to me, something about the face is off to me...

Pops2

back before they were catahoulas, the leopard dog varied from wedge headed, mildly fuzzy, almost collie looking to block headed heavy built almost bulldog looking. although the extremes seem to have been lost over the last couple of decades, there is still A LOT of variation in the breed. a little less in the NALC show dogs anda lot more in the working stock. the dog looks like a good currish leopard dog. if there is any doubt the pup should try to herd cattle, take a hot to warm track, be leary or hostile to strangers on her own property and protective of the kids to the point of threatening the parents when the children get in trouble.

Members online

No members online now.