Hyia is learning

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sawyer and Huck are starting to snuggle and such. I keep showing him pictures of Ressie up a tree and telling him if he would just quit being such a baby about going outside, he could climb up one too.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WE just came in. I take her out for about a half hour every day it is nice. Since she has freshly clipped nails she couldn't do her favorite tree climbing. SHe did discover the branches of the curly willow I have in a pot tho and that was great fun. No more grasshoppers or grand daddy long legs to chase.
My friend Cindy came over with her Yorkies today. Ressie took one look at them and sat the rest of the visit either in the window sill or on top of the castle. SHe did not know what to make of those. The dogs however were thrilled to see her. This is really the first time Neccy has opened up to her true silly self inside with guests.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Glad Neccy had a good time with your friend. I see Vic is starting to get used to Ressie now.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Cat and Mouse

and since she never made up her mind which color eyes she wanted at least for now she is going for all of them.

Me thinks Sancho might have gotten more then he bargained for. She is getting big awful fast. The beginning of the month is when she will be fixed.

SHe knocks him off of his feet regularly.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I wish. I always thought Victor could have done that too.

Today I had Hyia take her out by herself on the leash for 2o minutes while I watched from a distance. There are things I take for granted that Hyia doens't know. I don't expect her to do the training, I expect to teach both at the same time. First I had to get Ressie use to the harness and leash. She loves going out. SHe loves climbing trees and chasing box elder bugs. SHe made Hyia laugh and after the last couple weeks, that alone was a heart lift for me. WE still have 6 more months before she can test. THat's lots and lots of time. She is comfortable enough in her harness to roll around on the front porch and be completely relaxed after her explorations. Poor Sancho watches from the window and I feel bad about that.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
afternoon recess

box elder bugs

even more exciting

your mine gwasshoppa ..when she finally lost it, she went right back to where she found it to see if there was another one.

and for Rd
Oh SCARY

Pat scary not.
I wasn't fast enough to get the pat on the top of the head but she did.

and we finished up with the play ground equipment.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Guess it is time for a new harness. Going to order the one that was recommended on this thread. I can't believe this went from too big to too little in just a couple weeks. She is getting huge. I would love to see Luna now, for I imagine she is even more so. No more gentle little baby for Sancho. Ressie knocks him off his feet at least 50 times a day. He takes it all in good stride, but I do think I saw his eyes express a little concern a couple times. She really bowled him over.

I thought she was older than she is. I went back to the first post and thought oh..good. We get a couple more weeks before her surgery is necessary. SHe has a well apt on Friday. She isn't even 4 full months old yet.

Ressie's great grandmother sent her a calander pic that she tought Ressie might like for the castle. I love that. I love my Mom. So here it is, and yes, I think both REssie and Sancho approve.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
She is a little power house these days. Going to visit her Great Grandmother and sponsor tonight. We will see the grands there as they come to trick or treat. We haven't had a visit in a while due to the damnable ear mites that I didnt' even want to take a chance would spread for Shaffer. The shelter said they woudn't most likely spread to dogs, but still Shaffer has had non itchy ears since we switched him to a better food and I want to keep it that way. It isnt' easy to get over there every day to medicate and Mom can't see well enough to do it herself.
Tomorrow is her well check. I want to make sure we get one good fun truck ride in, before we do a vet trip so there will be no association there.

She ran this morning, over me, over the sofa, dove into the top part of the castle, out the back, over the top, over me again like a flying puma. She is feeling her oats and on one wants to play this early. Bowled over Sancho too.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I came home and found this

So innocent, so pretty right?

But the real truth is a different story.
THis apparently is her GOTCHA bag. Which means after I removed the handles, I probably am not going to get it back.

I was taking a big risk just trying to get a pic.

SHe was rolling around the floor inside of it. Sancho finally laid himself across the opening and sealed her in. But when he got up, she set her trap. Ohhhh Huckeberry, wanna play?

Side note, she carries that piece of black fur around, I find it in all her favorite hang outs.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I have a couple of bags just like that one and it's all I can do to keep Huck out of them! They're my yarn bags and one is my work bag.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am pleased as punch with her second home visit. She rode over with no stress, stretched out across my arm or sitting like a weasel to look out the window. At Mom's she stayed with Mom for a long time. Mom said she sure stays where she is put! Eventually she did get down and explore a bit, but was not stressed by Shaffer, apparently big dogs are ok, she even walked under him and wound her tail around his face. She was affectionate and playful, a little inquisitive, and can now be called cobweb and spiderweb buster to go along with clutter buster. I see I need to get over there and do some under things cleaning where Mom can't see and can't reach. On the ride home she stretched out on the seat and took a nap. She had never been out in the dark, but that didnt' bother her either. So even tho a month has passed since we have gone anywhere, she hasn't become spooked by new places and new things. I hope big time that this continues. TOmorrow is her well check, and that was the other reason I wanted a truck trip somewhere back to back so there will be no association. Hyia wants to do therapy visits with her so bad, and I can't make her have "the right personality" I can only hope to give her enough experiences that she develops one. Fingers crossed. At least we know strange costumes won't make a difference :rofl1: She handled trick or treaters just fine.

She thought maybe this was a very long tail.

No really, isn't it a bit too long?

We went to the kitchen and had a nice visit. Ressie played some in her blue bag.

The only issue we had was it had been a long time since she had a chance to potty. I took her outside, but it was dark, and there were trick or treaters to distract. SO I took her back in and we made a box for her like she uses at home, but it was a no. I stayed about a half hour more then said, that's it, I better go. Soon as we got in the door she flew across the room and to where her litter box was. So I am going to have to figure out a portapotty she will use.

So fingers crossed this kind of visit will be the norm. If so, she's going to be a lot of fun for Hyia, and good for the people she will meet.

She even saw a couple of her kittenkid friends there.

Last edited:

Barb04

Super Moderator
Ressie is so beautiful! Maybe you could put a second small box near her little box at home so she may associate that one as being her little box too if you need to take it with you.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Aiden says....vid

and Aiden is right and I am very embarrassed to say I am wrong.
Ressiebell is Ressie boy. We were right about everyone else, and I thought if a kitten had all three colors it was a girl, which at one time, he had. Today he had an apt before being fixed, and surprise surprise. I can't wrap my mind around it. Dude, guy, prince not princess. I was told a girl, when compared to Onya, we all thought girl. We were right about Huck..at least areont' we Zoom? Ninja was for sure a boy, no one could miss those black sacks appearing. Guess Victor is not the only one in the house non gender challenged.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Which just goes to show what gender preconceived notions are. Ressie just have the two X chromosomes and one Y chromosome (XXY). Don't know if he would be sterile or not, and if it counts if your color fades away, but either way, still getting fixed. Cannot not abide a spraying tom.

They had a big ol white cat at the HSGKC that could have been his parent, ear feathers and all. The cat was of a monsterous size. Hope that one gets a grand home, is in good hands now, that's for sure.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Ressie keeps trying to sleep on the floor right next to my desk, which is a place that can get him stepped on, so I made him this, and he likes it. STill right by my desk, but a lot warmer too.

He is such a blessing to me, has helped get me through a pretty hard 3 weeks and made me smile my heart was at an all time low. Just looking at him, is spell binding. I so hope Hyia can do this, because if he does for others, what he does for me, it would be a very good thing. Victor did. I think your suppose to share the good when you find it and for Victor it opened the door to the world of better humanity then I ever would have known without him. At raku the children hang with him touch him, people touch him, I touch him, and it is good for all of us. It it doenst' happen for Ressie that is ok too, but if the vet trip is any indication, making the effort is not time wasted. We have many more trips to take to visit his sponsor GG for the next 6 months, not too many to be overwhelming, he is still cat, but once a week I think would be just enough to remember what has has learned. Anyway that is the goal.

Members online

No members online now.