Bumpy, hairless growth on face

noludoru

Bored Now.
A friend's dog I saw yesterday is about 16 and has an odd growth on her cheek, a bit below her eyes. It looks almost like the skin on a dime-sized patch of her face swelled up in these huge bumps. It's mostly a pinkish color, but around the edges are discolored with purplish skin.

Their vet (the two times they took her there) told them point blank they didn't know what it was/ They cut it off, but it regrew eventually.

Any ideas about what it is so I can see if they can find another vet to help them?

yoko

why would the vet not run tests or anything like that :O

maybe try showing another vet?

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
I think old dogs are very prone to fatty tumors. They are usually benign but I would think a biopsy and send away to a lab would be the minimum?

They don't "sound' like papillomas (viral warts) but I guess they could be. Those usually have a cauliflower like appearance and are skin colored...easily crushed and bleed easily but don't hurt.

Maxy24

Max had a growth on his face. The vet said it was nothing to worry about, it was quite nasty though. It hung off his face like a little sack of goo (it was squishy). The cat cut it once and Phoebe liked to sniff it intently. Max's was smooth and black (the color of his skin) but as it grew and the skin stretched it started to get pink on the bottom.

mrose_s

BusterLove
sophies getting lumps and bumps all over her and she's just 10, but all white so go fgure. some black ones externally and some soft ones interalling, we've had a few checked but maily just keep an eye on her. she is also prone to like.. cauliflower growths occasionally, we had to have one removed fromt he centre of her belly as it kept getting bigger and she also has one on her foot.

Members online

No members online now.