Funny and really good blog on breastfeeding in public.

milos_mommy

(I can't go to the restroom to eat by burger because a vegetarian is grossed out by it) I guess it's the fact they are so "in your face" about it that pisses me off.
First of all, if you rarely see NIP, I don't understand how people are so "in your face" about it...and I can almost guarantee you are somewhat frequently in the same area as women who are NIP and just don't realize it. Because 1) there are no "noises" that go along with it, and 2) most people aren't "in your face" about feeding their baby. So unless you're looking with interest at the woman and her baby (which I'm assume you're not, since you don't like babies so much), it's unlikely you'd notice.

Second, why can't you go to the restroom to eat your burger? You can eat your meal in there just as much as an infant can. Do you think people should bring their 1 year olds to eat their cans of baby food in the bathroom? Or their toddlers who may not yet have impeccable manners?

Luckily I don't often see NIP because its not accepted here.
you live in a pretty disgusting town.

women usually go to the restroom or even to their car there are options for them (I can't go to the restroom to eat by burger because a vegetarian is grossed out by it)
you think it's acceptable to shun a mother into a bathroom or her car to feed her baby? what would you think if someone called you a disgusting pig and told you to go and eat your burger in the bathroom because you were making them sick?

I guess it's the fact they are so "in your face" about it that pisses me off.
really? nursing mothers are inviting themselves to sit with you at restaurants, whipping both of their breasts out onto the table and demanding that you intently watch them nurse their child?

Close your eyes!!!

Horrible, disgusting, NIP picture coming up

(ok so this was technically at a family gathering but I did the same in public MANY times and it looked identical)

you win one internets, ma'am. ;)

but seriously, most people walking past that scene would just assume it was a mother holding her infant unless they were practically INSPECTING her and TRYING to find something to be offended about.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
What kind of dreadful person prides themselves on scaring mothers into reeling in their children or hurting peoples feelings with a singular look?
If I ever encounter this person while out with my 5yo, I hope we get the look. I guarantee that we would both find it hysterical.

I can not wait for the day that our culture catches up with many others in remembering that breastfeeding is a very important and valuable part of life. If people grew up seeing it more often most likely we wouldnt have the rude judgements we so often see about it.

I LOVE that my children see it all the time. I love that my husband has no weirdness or uncomfortableness talking to a woman who happens to be feeding her baby at the same time. If someone is uncomfortable with it, that is their right and not always is it controllable..butit should be a challenge to them to fight it..to overcome it.

I was very uncomfortable with it for a time. I am a shy person and very easily become uncomfortable in "normal" life settings. But I NEVER wouldve thought it was somehow on them to change..I always knew the problem was with me. In the end, logic won out.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I'm still trying to figure out where the noise is coming from? My SIL is currently nursing her second child and I was standing at a family gathering 2 feet from her while she was nursing and didn't hear a thing.

I love the blog post!!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Luckily I don't often see NIP because its not accepted here. women usually go to the restroom or even to their car there are options for them (I can't go to the restroom to eat by burger because a vegetarian is grossed out by it) I guess it's the fact they are so "in your face" about it that pisses me off.

I don't like menudo but I don't go all "eww sick!" When I see someone eating it, I can't see how food & clothes compare.
What?!

Yes, women should be forced to sit in a smelly restroom to feed their children- that's such a wonderful idea. How about you go and take your meal to a public restroom and see just how appetizing that is :rolleyes: Maybe you should- I'm sure there are many, many people who aren't fans of the foods you eat. Afterall, you're so concerned about people offending you (although I really can't wrap my head around the fact that you're so disgusted by feeding an infant the way nature intended).

This always comes to mind when I read your posts. I bet you have these on under your clothes, and are a never-nude:

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Close your eyes!!!

(ok so this was technically at a family gathering but I did the same in public MANY times and it looked identical)
Oh my gosh, my virgin eyes! :rofl1: So much skin is showing!

Dogdragoness, what do you think about this image:

Women in bikinis (and one pieces for that matter!) show much more skin than a woman breastfeeding.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm about to show more skin than that for 13 miles alllll over my town. In broad daylight. In front of hundreds and hundreds of people. On camera several times. I'm going to make a lot of noise. Heavy breathing, probably panting out of my mouth at certain points. "Whew!" at least a few times. I might cry, sob, or even yell "I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE." I'll be sweating and likely smell bad. And there's a very very slim chance that I might actually vomit when I'm done.

Running in public.

Gross.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I'm about to show more skin than that for 13 miles alllll over my town. In broad daylight. In front of hundreds and hundreds of people. On camera several times. I'm going to make a lot of noise. Heavy breathing, probably panting out of my mouth at certain points. "Whew!" at least a few times. I might cry, sob, or even yell "I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE." I'll be sweating and likely smell bad. And there's a very very slim chance that I might actually vomit when I'm done.

Running in public.

Gross.
:yikes:

There oughta be a law.....

Seriously though, my grandma used to run mini marathons and I remember the state she was in after finishing.....way grosser than breast feeding....sorry Grandma....

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Not a disgusting town ... Just a conservative one here it is very common to see women sitting or standing in the restroom nursing their babies, THOSE women I am polite to, at least they are taking the feelings of others into account & they don't mind in the least.

There are options: BF mothers can use bottles while they are out in public by pumping breast milk.

I never went out alot as a toddler, we weren't that well off & only ate out once a week. I guess I expect everyone else's kid to behave as I was expected to behave.

GoingNowhere

Running in public.

Gross.
It's not to often that a post just makes my day, but seriously - this made me :rofl1:

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Pumping does not work out for every mother and child.

How do you KNOW those mothers don't mind? Maybe they hate feeling obligated to feed their baby in a public bathroom but want to avoid the disapproval of people like you?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Swimsuits & BFing aren't the same thing, I can't get why they are being compared though there some things (bikinis included) that some people (me included) shouldn't be wearing. Like my friend says "just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you should wear it."

Members online

No members online now.