Self Serve Doggy Bath

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and curious about dog washes. I myself have never been to one with Riley, my 2 yr old lab/dalmation mix, but my friend Jimmy says he goes all the time with his coley(sp?). Have any of you ever been? How much do they cost? What do you think about them?

Jeff

Saje

Island dweller
The only thing I know about washing a dog is that I do it in the bathtub, there is a shower stall at the local shelter or the groomers will do it. I don't know what a dog wash is.

Sorry

There's a post in the Dog Sites about one and it may be in the classifieds as well. It looks like a great idea. Charley and I have even kicked the idea around of putting one at the far end of his warehouse where there's a separate entrance.

joce

Is that the box thing you put them in? I would think they are really expensive but I might be thinking about something else.
My friend worked at a vets office that did it and she said some dogs were good in it but some where way to scared. I think there were problems with the drying part too but I don't know if that was her i heard that from or if it was from another forum. I always do the grooming and washing myself. Heard too many horror stories about groomers.

Welcome, Jeffsputer! Yes! I have done the doggy wash thing. It was called "My Dirty Paws" and cost 12 bucks. They had private stalls with big huge sink-like tubs and non-skid ramps or stairs going up for your dog to get in. Once in, you can cross tie them and they're at eye level. The sprayer was nice with warm water. And they supplied all the soaps, towels, brushes, even a big hose blow-dryer thing! It was great, but has since gone out of business :(

joce said:
Is that the box thing you put them in? I would think they are really expensive but I might be thinking about something else.
My friend worked at a vets office that did it and she said some dogs were good in it but some where way to scared. I think there were problems with the drying part too but I don't know if that was her i heard that from or if it was from another forum. I always do the grooming and washing myself. Heard too many horror stories about groomers.
Good LORD! I've never heard of such a thing! You mean it's like a big dishwasher with the dog's head sticking out? That's terrible!

joce

Ok thats not what I'm thinking about :) That is actually a really good idea.

The thing I was thinking about is like a dishwasher :( . The vet my friend works for uses it. I don't know if they tell people how they groom eitheir so I've always been really cautious about it. My moms old bf took his dog in and they put him under because he was fighting so bad and he died. They never even told him they would do it. I've heard about the heater killing dogs too, people forgetting dogs were in them etc. I really want my husky groomed good but I know theres no way it could happen without putting her under so shes just kinda dirty :D But its ok

Heres an old article on it-not sure what the site is but it sounds like the same thing. http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,48952,00.html except it doesn't have the heater part.

We have a "self-serve" dog wash here - it's called The Paw Wash and I love it. Big stainless steel tubs raised up - stainless, no-slip ramp for the dog to get in, they provide everything from shampoo to combs to dryers. With a dog like mine (Newfoundland), it's far easier than having the mess at home.

Members online