Hilarious New Dog Commercial

RufusLove

Just found this really cute ad of a little dog with a big surprise:

YouTube - Little dog. Big surprise.

Everyone at my office keeps laughing at this. Its a funny commercial
but a pretty serious site too where vets help you with any pet health
questions you have. Its kind of like a WebMD but just for pets. A
couple months ago my 8 year old lab had an ear infection and I was
able to go on WebVet to figure out what to do.

Do you have any pet health emergencies you want to share?

~Tucker&Me~

Lmao oh my god! That completely shocked me and my sides hurt from laughing!

I don't know what I think about the site though. Couldn't you easily get a wrong diagnosis over the internet, as the vet can't actually see your dog? Maybe for minor questions but I would never go online when dealing with an emergency or anything that seemed important.

Giny

Lmao oh my god! That completely shocked me and my sides hurt from laughing!

I don't know what I think about the site though. Couldn't you easily get a wrong diagnosis over the internet, as the vet can't actually see your dog? Maybe for minor questions but I would never go online when dealing with an emergency or anything that seemed important.
All kidding put aside (I thought the commercial was hilarious) and when I read your post it brought me back to reality. You are so right. Even with a bladder issue, how can a vet diagnose over the internet without a urine sample. Hopefully it won't be a, "you need to see a vet for a better diagnosis, now pay up for my consult", type deal.

wishbone

That was cute but yeah, the problem of diagnosing process was on the pet owner, even the vets there is very knowledgeable if the owner couldn't give the exact details, it's not going to be much helpful.

CRock

Very Funny! Thanks for sharing.

I actually used this site a couple times for our cat. Once when we moved (it was the first trip with our cat - they had helpful tips) and another when we bought plants for our new home (we didn't want to buy anything that would make her sick). They don't diagnose nor is it meant to be used in an emergency. I feel as if it has helped me be a better cat owner.

Like WebMD is not to replace your doctor, I don't think webvet.com is intended to replace your vet :) I certainly could use a site like this so I don't have to bug you guys all the time. I don't always know when to take my dog to the vet right away, and when it's ok to try some home remedies. Take my most recent dog health problem: Caesar had diarrhea. I was alarmed because it was so frequent and so watery, and then he barfed up bone, and eventually his diarrhea had blood in it. If I didn't have you guys, and I checked this article, vomiting and diarrhea in dogs and cats - WebVet then I would've read about what I could do about it at home, and when it is appropriate to take my dog to the vet, and most especially signs that it is an emergency.

So... I think this is a great idea for a website.

Members online