Sorry....another dog food question!!!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Sorry about all these questions about Dog Foods!!! :)

Okay we are going to look at Dog Food tomorrow and I want to know which is better..........

Canidae: All Life Stages Lamb and Rice Formula.....Found Here

OR

Eagles Pack: Natural Lamb and Rice Formula...... Found Here

Thanks!! :D

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Why not get samples and see which one Lizze likes best? They are both good, athough I personally would go with Eagle Pack. :)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Why not get samples and see which one Lizze likes best? They are both good, athough I personally would go with Eagle Pack. :)
That is a good idea....:)

I had posted some where else and they said that the basic Eagles Pack Lamb and Rice was not good.....but then some one said that the Canidae was not good?!?!?! :confused:

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I have used both eagle pack and canidae, not the lamb meal because Hannah can not eat lamb meal. I used the regular formula and chicken meal formula in canidae and same results for Hannah for both, except the chicken meal gave her firmer stools. I didn't notice any coat changes or anything with the switch from canidae to eagle pack and the activity level stayed the same. I think canidae has more ingredients than eagle pack that aren't really neccasary in a dog food formula though but I'm not sure.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Both are good quality foods, but I'd rank the Eagle Pack a little higher than the Canidae. You can't go wrong with either though.

Try samples, or buy a bag of either one and rotate to the other when it's empty to see what works out for your dog.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I think after looking at the things in these 2 foods I am going to go with the Canidae....JUST b/c we have a 2 year old dog and a 9 year old dog....so I would need the All Life Stages Food!!! :)

Thanks guys for all your help! :) And the dogs say thank you too! :p

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Why would you rank the Eagle Pack higher than Canidae? Is this about the disclosure issue again?
Disclosure and the meticulous research Eagle does for their specific formulas, especially the large breed foods. They actually do feeding trials with breeders.

showpug

I am a protein junky and the Eagle Pack has a higher protein content than the Canidae lamb & rice. I think both are good foods but personally wont feed a formula with less that 24% protein. If I were to feed Canidae it would have to be the regular all life stages or the chicken and rice. Oh and I wanted to add that both your dogs could eat the eagle pack even with such a difference in age...

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Thanks everyone for your input! I listened to it GREATLY!! :D

Well We went to the pet shop that had it (only place I could get it) and tey had the All Life Stages Lamb and Rice and the Eagles Pack Holistic Lamb and Rice.....but it was more pricey than the Canidae...so we got a 5 pound bag to see how they like it and if they did not we are going to be back down there Saturday..so we could get another one if needed!

So I get home and the dogs are all sniffing and all that stuff at the bag.....so I open it and put some in my hand and they sniff it and they take to it imediatly!!! They LOVED it and could not get enough of it!! :D YEAH!

BUT....I mixed some in there old food (they have there food out 24/7 to eat when every they please...we have never had any problems with it) and they would not stop eating it!! :( Major and Lizzie sat there eating it for 10 mins EACH eating FOOD!! :mad:

Ohh I hope they do not get fat! I am REALLY watching how much they eat now!

Members online

No members online now.