Does anyone else do..

Actually I would love to know search and rescue I have two Cockerspaniels that love to play hide n seek and they can sniff me out no matter where I am . So if anything ever happens and Im lost I hope someone send my dogs Rio&Nicky to look for me.
Riosmommy

D

Dobiegurl

I don't train Chico for SandR but I will be doing that with my next dog. Chico's trainer does S and R with her dogs and is on the MTROT team. I sometimes go to demos with her. They have one dog, Raven (beauceron) and she is so amazing. I would love to do that with my dog but I think its too late.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
How old is your pup?

Its never too late, it just means that their senses wont be as "atuned" if they were still young.

I started training Riot S&R when he was roughly 5months old.

His S&R partner Dante started training when he was younger as well.

wolfsoul

I Love My Belgian
It's something I am interested in, I just don't know how to get started. I know there are people around here who do it, but I don't know where to find an S&R club or group or whatever it is lol.

D

Dobiegurl

SummerRiot said:
How old is your pup?

Its never too late, it just means that their senses wont be as "atuned" if they were still young.

I started training Riot S&R when he was roughly 5months old.

His S&R partner Dante started training when he was younger as well.
He just turned a year.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
WolfSoul, get in contact with someone who trains it and see if you could tag along and be the victim a few times. Ask them if they would mind you being a tag along or if they would be interested in helping you start out your pup!

I met Dante and his owner through Riots Conformation classes!! hehe She is the one that travels to Ottawa and then brings back all her knowledge and then we go and train together :)

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
LOL thats funny
I used to cringe at being the victim for Dante!! lol he'd be soo happy that he found you he'd leap into the air and land on you! lol Hes knocked the wind outta me a couple of times lmao!

Its a good thing thats trained out of him now lol

Poor victims.. "Well.. he WAS alive" lol

Snark

Mutts to you
I always thought my Rott mix Emily, (lost her last year) would have been good at S&R. Sis and I were fixing the fence on the back line of the property one day (over a quarter of a mile away from the house), Emily climbed out of the yard and tracked me through heavy woods. She was my 'velcro' dog and couldn't stand to be left behind. I wasn't happy about her escaping (had visions of her getting hung on the fence) but I had to praise her for finding me.

The Samoyed Club in our area does a benefit event for their rescue group called the Canine Olympics. They invite all the different clubs out (agility, obedience, lure coursing, sledding, S&R, tracking, flyball, etc.) and put on a day for the general public to bring their dogs out and try all the different events. I've talked to the S&R people and even offered my property to them if they wanted to train (it's hilly and heavily wooded) but no one ever called. Oh well...

Members online

No members online now.