Interesting dog at work

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Need some breed guesses, guys! Pretty sure he was a shelter adoption with no known history.

I think this guy is some sort of Puggle mix. He's got speckles on his legs, which I'm thinking maybe come down from the Beagle?

He's tan and white with a super pink nose. Decent sized underbite. Weighs in around 15-20 pounds. Somewhere around 12" at the withers and all leg. He has the coolest little tail too!

Pictures!

Annnnnd go. :D

RBark

Got Floof?
No input to give other than that dog has almost as bad a natural scowl as I do.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Uh, well I'm just going off of the fact that beagles come in that color :p But I know nothing about genetics and coat color, so that could be impossible.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I definitely think Pug is in there. If you google Pug/Cocker, that is apparently a thing. Beagle/Lhasas are also a thing.

And a Puggle/Shih Tzu is also apparently a thing:

Regardless...some mixture of Pug/Beagle, Cocker/Brittany, and/or ShihTzu/Lahsa. I don't know what, if any, of those breeds make the mixture...but I see different combos of those in him when I look at him. Just depends on how I look at him. LOL

MicksMom

Need some breed guesses, guys! Pretty sure he was a shelter adoption with no known history.

I think this guy is some sort of Puggle mix. He's got speckles on his legs, which I'm thinking maybe come down from the Beagle?
Psst, Puggles are a mix. ;) LOL

I don't know why I didn't know Puggles could come in any other color than solid fawn?...
Beagles can be "any hound color". Back in the late 90s, there was a tri colored Beagle/Pug mix at my vet's who looked like the dog on the left in the bottom row of "Classic Tris" in the link.

http://www.crbeagles.com/misc/beagle_colors.htm

My first thought was that there is some Brittany in the mix.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
According to this very legit looking website :rofl1: puggles come in all colors.

http://pugglenation.proboards.com/thread/193

:popcorn:
Boy that was informative. ;) I thought maybe a Puggle mix with the speckles and other colors coming out because of a second generation?

I definitely think Pug is in there. If you google Pug/Cocker, that is apparently a thing. Beagle/Lhasas are also a thing.

And a Puggle/Shih Tzu is also apparently a thing:

Regardless...some mixture of Pug/Beagle, Cocker/Brittany, and/or ShihTzu/Lahsa. I don't know what, if any, of those breeds make the mixture...but I see different combos of those in him when I look at him. Just depends on how I look at him. LOL
I agree with you. So many options! Lol

Psst, Puggles are a mix. ;) LOL

Beagles can be "any hound color". Back in the late 90s, there was a tri colored Beagle/Pug mix at my vet's who looked like the dog on the left in the bottom row of "Classic Tris" in the link.

http://www.crbeagles.com/misc/beagle_colors.htm

My first thought was that there is some Brittany in the mix.
Haha, I realize Puggles are a mix. :p My thoughts were first gen. Puggle (or Pug/Beagle) mixed with some sort of other breed.. just because it doesn't seem common to see that coloration pop up with first generation Puggles. I thought maybe the speckles and tan/white were recessive or something?

Mayyyybe Brittany, but he's pretty dang small. He's also built a lot smaller through the face and body than a normal "Puggle".. but then again it's not like there is a standard. Who knows.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I am seeing some sort of small spaniel in there (cocker or Cavalier)...

Love him <3

JacksonsMom

I used to dogsit a Beagle/Boston Terrier mix with the speckled legs like that.

But I think he looks more like a puggle.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
If I had to choose an F1 mix, I'd say Japanese Chin/Beagle. This dog is recessive yellow, and both those breeds have it in the gene pool.

Saeleofu

OMFG he's ****ing adorable, that's what he is! I want him! <3

Aside from that, I see some cavalier in him. Pug/cavalier with maybe something else in the mix? I'll have to look again when I get to my computer.

Actually he looks like a high content wolfdog with some fox and/or painted dog throw in. Totally. :popcorn:

Members online

No members online now.