Ketchup and Mustard update

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Man... this is a such a weird, two-sided post to make. *sigh* By fait and happenstance, both will be staying with me within the coming weeks, one short term, and one more long term.

Ketchup: His name is now Rex. His family (a couple in their late 50's, with adult children and one small grandchild) adores him beyond reason, and says he fit right in. I talked to his owner yesterday and he was just telling me all those little things you want to hear about a dog you placed, especially one from such poor circumstances. You can tell they just adore him. They're going out of town for a week, so I'm going to pick Rex up tomorrow (!!!! SQUEE!) because I'm watching him while they're out of town. CAN. NOT. WAIT. to see him. They said he's fat n' happy now, and as anti-fat dog as I am, I kind of secretly hope that he's chubby because I'd love to see that for once. LOL

Mustard... this is not such good news. He's being returned to me for behavioral issues that his family is unwilling to work on, apparently. Not sure what his ETA is, as I asked if they could wait until Rex went home so the house wouldn't be so crowded. It will likely be the weekend of the 13th or so. I'm so heartbroken and little bit angry. It's kind of difficult to understand, since what they're describing sounds nothing like the dog I gave them, and since they never consulted me previously nor did they seek the help of a professional (nor did they make any attempt to work on it). I just got an email one day that was like, "Do you want him back or should I give him away myself?" UGH! Of course I want him back! Blegh. But the important thing now, for me at least, is to get him here so I can see what's going on for myself and make a fair evaluation.

So anyway... that's that. :/ You can look forward to pictures of both Rex and Mustard in the coming weeks, at least. And I can look forward to excessive pit bull snuggles. :D

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
First, I completely understand the chubby bliss of a previous abused and neglected dog.

Second, I'm so sorry! I had an amazing cattle dogx returned for "attacking" the dad in the family. This was a totally sweet dog, it just broke my heart thinking what they did to cause it or realizing they could just be so ignorant they perceived something normal (and inappropriate) as an "attack".

It's a bummer but I know you'll do right by him again and in the mean time we'll embrace the photos and updates. :D

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Great to hear about Ketchup! (Or Rex, rather. lol) Always nice to place a dog in the perfect home.

Sucks about Mustard, though. :( I'm hoping I never get one of those emails from Kiba's or Seabee's new owners. But, I am secretly glad he is coming back, because that means I get to see pictures!

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Awww...Lucky little Ketchup dog :) Looking forward to seeing pictures of him fat and sassy :D

Sorry about Mustard...good for him though that he still has you!

Taqroy

Awww too bad about Mustard. Greta reminded me an awful lot of him. I'm glad he's coming back to you though! (Plus...yay pics lol).

And hooray for Rex! I love it when fosters get the happy ever after ending. <3

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Man, I went back and read this thread http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151822 and just about bawled. I'm so sad for this dog. He's so wonderful and I just don't understand why he can't find a home.

It also made me remember how giving him away just ripped a piece of my heart out. I would not have given that away had I known how easily they would have given up on him.

And I also read the promise I made to him that if he came back, it would be for good. *sigh* I have a lot of thinking to do. At any rate, it looks like he'll be arriving around the end of the month. Ugh. My heart is just so heavy right now.

Well, at least I get to pick up Rex tomorrow. :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sounds like the last family I had tried for Virgo. They followed NONE of my advice and in most cases, did the exact opposite. The dog I got back was not the dog I gave them. It sucks, so very badly sucks, but there may yet be the right home for him. I had swore I would keep her the last time she came back, but we just weren't the right fit for each other at the stage of life I was in. She's been having a blast in her new home for the past couple of years though, so don't give up hope!

That being said, I do so very much look forward to K&M pics!

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Awww too bad about Mustard. Greta reminded me an awful lot of him. I'm glad he's coming back to you though! (Plus...yay pics lol).

And hooray for Rex! I love it when fosters get the happy ever after ending. <3
Greta always made me think of him as well!

Thanks for the support and just lending an ear, everyone. The stories of similar situations really do make me feel a bit better.

LOL Sass, I laughed really hard just reading the word, "KETCHUP" in all caps. :lol-sign: You need a condiment dog to go with Squash.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Aww I'm sorry. Squee for Ketchup time though :) And at least they did contact you rather than whatever they might have done with Mustard on their own.

Kerri had a JRT foster once.. Apparently WONDERFUL dog. Family broke him.. she got him back and it was horribly upsetting knowing what he had been like.

Dekka

Just try me..
Yay Rex. Sounds like they treat him like a 'rex' (ie king) how wonderful for him!

Yep I had a dog that sounded a bit like what poor mustard is going through. I was beyond upset. Like you I had placed a delightful dog and never really heard much. (though they did contact the rescue with a few issues, I suggested they go to Ado for training. They went but never followed her advice. If they had he would have been fine. Nope they decided to watch the dog whisperer...

I really hope Mustard comes back in much better shape than Joey did. They ruined him, he still isnt' normal and was adopted by people in the rescue because he is now unpredictable and has a serious bite history. I wish I could say Joey had a great outcome... But I don't think Mustard has been gone as long.

Members online

No members online now.