Introducing Bodhi to puppy?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
How?

As a general rule Bodhi thinks dogs are weird and uncouth. They are boisterous and steal her limelight. We don't call her the fun police for nothing (she's VERY fun, so no one else is allowed to be). Dogs don't sleep on sofas, but she's not a dog so that's ok. She's part cat, part human (in her mind...). She's always there to lend a hand if someone is misbehaving...

She's cohabited with adult dogs before, but has had few encounters with puppies. She generally accepts other dogs in the home but isn't thrilled by them. The only dog I've seen her genuinely like was my housemates old collie.

I'm sure given time they'll bond, but I want to make sure this isn't too stressful for Bodhi.

Plans are to never ever leave them alone together, spend as much one on one time with her (and he) as possible.

How can we do introductions? Poor Bodhi will be full of sad, and poor puppy will be expecting someone who loves it!!

First and foremost, make sure Bodhi's got a place where she can escape from the puppy.

Poor Bimmer spent the first week or so of Shiva sleeping on the BACK of the sofa :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.