ROAD TRIP!!!! Need ideas of places to stop.

xpaeanx

The SO & I are taking 2 weeks in Aug(bc next year life gets real) and roadtriping/camping something similar to this:

Any suggestions on places we should stop? Hiking, food, weird, fun all good! :) We're not shoppers though, so no need for that. Also cheap... We're both pretty broke. HaHa!

We wanted to go to Alaska... But it's too far for 2 weeks and flights were too expensive. /sad.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
If you're at all into military history, check out the exhibit at the war college in Carlisle, PA. It's an army history museum but outdoors. You can walk through WWI style trenches, pill boxes, a colonial fort and many other things from different eras in US military history.

Dekka

Just try me..
I think you need to head north sooner so you can visit us! And there are nifty things in Ontario depending on what you like.

xpaeanx

Oooo! The reptile place is actually right on the way! I may make us stop there. :p

The route back is still up in the air(so anything is possible)... And the way I think I actually want to head into Washington and THEN north. My cousin is moving there and should be there by our trip.

Julee: my phone is currently on the charger. And we'll be leaving Bristol at like 4am... So I don't think you'd be happy if we showed up at 5am. Haha. But we will be meeting up almost every Monday ALL summer... Bc I said so. And I think the dogs had a blast at the park(well... Maybe not when they jump down things they can't jump back up..... Haha).

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I bet you might his some state fairs depending on when you go - that would be super fun!

I'm from Indiana and Ohio so if you have any questions about those states, let me know - they both have some nice parks and such, but nothing is jumping out at me as far as sightseeing goes.

Lyzelle

If you go through Montana, Great Falls has a nice place to stop for coffee/drinks and food! It's called the Fastest Basset. It's a Coffee and Crepe place during the day and a burger joint bar at night. All local food and brews. :) Great place to stop while in that barren area!

There's also an Amish store you pass on the way there, about an hour outside of town. Best beef/venison jerky and milkshakes!

And obviously South Chicago has AMAZING hole in the wall food joints. Just be careful. ;)

There really isn't a whole lot to do in NW Ohio / SE Indiana. That route will take you....2 hours north of my parents, just wave as you go past. If I could only remember where it was in IA, but not too far off of 80 was 'the best pork tenderloins in the state for the past 8 million years' or something. All I know is that everything was fried and delicious.

There is suppose to be a good hotdog place just inside the Ohio side of the OH/PA border. I dunno, never tried it. Word of warning, I-80/90 in Ohio is always under construction. Always. What if instead you picked up 70 through Ohio & IN?

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Julee: my phone is currently on the charger. And we'll be leaving Bristol at like 4am... So I don't think you'd be happy if we showed up at 5am. Haha. But we will be meeting up almost every Monday ALL summer... Bc I said so. And I think the dogs had a blast at the park(well... Maybe not when they jump down things they can't jump back up..... Haha).
Good enough for me! Do ALL of the dog sports!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Stop in the TC because you have to because it's the TC. Tons of awesome stuff to do!

And I'm here, so...duh.

Romy

Taxiderpy
There really isn't a whole lot to do in NW Ohio / SE Indiana. That route will take you....2 hours north of my parents, just wave as you go past. If I could only remember where it was in IA, but not too far off of 80 was 'the best pork tenderloins in the state for the past 8 million years' or something. All I know is that everything was fried and delicious.
Ohio will always be magical and shiny to me because fireflies.

MicksMom

If you're at all into military history, check out the exhibit at the war college in Carlisle, PA. It's an army history museum but outdoors. You can walk through WWI style trenches, pill boxes, a colonial fort and many other things from different eras in US military history.
Also Gettysburg. Between you and there is the Delaware Water Gap.

Members online