our last day

poodlesmom

I just wanted to let you know that Farley and I went for our last ride this morning with a stop at Dunkin Donuts for some yummies. My poor boy took a turn this past week and while his tail still wagged a mile a minute his legs just weren’t giving him the ability to get up and about. Needless to say my heart is broke and I am going to miss my funny boy for the rest of my days. I don’t know how I’m going to be able to sleep tonight without him in the bed with me – he’s been my snugglebunny for so many years. He almost made it to his 13th birthday. These past 6 months since his surgery have been great although bittersweet knowing this day was coming and I don’t regret putting him through the surgery. Everyone at the vet’s was great and I sure wasn’t crying alone. He just had that knack of making everyone love him. I know I did the right thing today but it hurts so bad.

Gonna go and share the rest of the donuts with Chloe.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
I am so so so sorry for your loss!! Its the hardest decision we have to make for our babies. He will join Riley at the bridge. Two of the best dogs ever! I too took Riley for one last car ride to his favorite park on his last day. It was peaceful and we sat on the bench. HUGS!!!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I'm so sorry to hear this. It sounds like you gave Farley a wonderful life--run free Farley.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Hugs. I'm so sorry to hear this. Farley knows how much you love him and are doing what's best. Know he will be forever in your heart and memories. Take one day at a time and try to think of all the good times you've shared.

ACooper

I'm sorry for your loss. Letting go is the unselfish thing to do, but it's also terribly hard on the heart :(

Run free Farley, only blue skies and sunshine ahead for you :)

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
((((((Hugs))))) and a mornful howl. I am so very sorry. You did right by him every step of the way with your love.

Oh, Denise . . . I have been dreading hearing this so. Farley is part of us always, and you know he will find his way back to you. And he is grateful you let him go without pain, when he told you he was ready to make the passage. <3 (((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Doberluv

Oh Poodlesmom, I'm so very sorry I didn't come to this thread earlier. My heart breaks for you. You've been through so much with Phoebe and I know how dear she was to you and your family. I'm so very sorry for your great loss. (((((HUGS))))) Remember the happiest times and look at what great life you gave her. I hope that gives you some comfort.

Giny

Oh my goodness Denise, how did I miss this! I'm in tears, I'm so sorry. He couldn't have had a better person taking care of him. Big hugs to you and Chloe. :*(

Thanks! Chloe and I are slowly adjusting but I know she's still missing him just as much as I am. It doesn't seem possible that it's already been a month that my funny boy has been gone. I sure miss his antics as well as his wonderful snuggling. I'm glad we had so many years together and I have tons of great memories that I'll always hold dear but I do miss him so much. But I know it was the right thing to do at the right time.

Members online

No members online now.