Ceasar M. has his own mag

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
I seen it at walmart. It was called "Dog whisper mag" or something like that. I wanted to get a copy, but decided against it. I think I will go back an get it.

LOL I am one of those people who like to read EVERYTHING dog training related. Ceaser Milans "Ceaser's Way" book sits right next to my Jean Donaldson "The Culture Clash"

adojrts

I would be curious as to what was in it, more of his usual stuff but can they really fill a whole magazine with all that month after month?

Will they be brave and talk about positive reinforcements or clicker training??? :D

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
This dude needs to stop copying horse trainers. First he steals the "whispering" thing and then the magazine thing (John Lyons has been doing that years and years). Although i must admit that i have yet to see any horse trainer try to dupe people into buying their special "Horse Whisperer" water....:rolleyes:

Doberluv

Pretty ridiculous. But to each his own, I guess. I wouldn't mention that book or his magazine in the same breath as Jean Donaldson's book, much less let them reside in the same building. It's like putting the Holy bible next to a book about satanic worshipping and ritual.:eek: He is no dog trainer, dog psychologist or "rehabilitator" at all. He's a dog supressor, a great business man and great at his con game for non-suspecting and un-knowing dog owners.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
I'll be going to Walmart in a few minutes...I'll try to remember to check the magazine section. I'm curious, I'd like to see what it looks like...but I won't buy it. He ain't getting my money.

elegy

overdogged
I wouldn't mention that book or his magazine in the same breath as Jean Donaldson's book, much less let them reside in the same building. It's like putting the Holy bible next to a book about satanic worshipping and ritual.:eek:
i keep my koehler book next to a pat miller book because it amuses me to do so :p

Doberluv

I had a Koehler book way back in the late 70's or early 80's. I lit it on fire...used it for kindling. LOL.

Dekka

Just try me..
This dude needs to stop copying horse trainers. First he steals the "whispering" thing and then the magazine thing (John Lyons has been doing that years and years). Although i must admit that i have yet to see any horse trainer try to dupe people into buying their special "Horse Whisperer" water....:rolleyes:
Not water.. but Parrellis are big into over charging for really simple things. (I feel they have far more to teach the world about marketing than they ever will about horses.. that is where their real talents lie)

Monty Roberts was (is?) very commercial.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
and dog beds!

I honestly do not think anyone should judge Ceasar Milan unless you have read his books. I have all of this books and the first two seasons on DVD.

I agree with Jean Donaldson, and other trainers like her. But I still think its important to read and at least try to understand other people ideas on dog training.

I didnt mean to turn this into a Ceaser debate or the like, but i just had to tell you he has his own mag!

I can see it now.... all these dog people who dont know any better... shopping at walmart, picking up a copy... and then ruining their dogs.

elegy

overdogged
I honestly do not think anyone should judge Ceasar Milan unless you have read his books. I have all of this books and the first two seasons on DVD.
i've read his first book and watched most of the first two seasons. i can't tell you how many times i wanted to fling his book across the room as i was reading it but i couldn't because it didn't belong to me.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
I honestly do not think anyone should judge Ceasar Milan unless you have read his books..
I don't really think reading his books is necessary. I have watched enough of his TV show to judge his dog training. I would never judge CM himself without meeting him in person.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Not water.. but Parrellis are big into over charging for really simple things. (I feel they have far more to teach the world about marketing than they ever will about horses.. that is where their real talents lie)

Monty Roberts was (is?) very commercial.
Ack--you're right--I forgot about the Parellis! Actually, come to think of it i am a bit surprised they don't have their own line of water.....

BostonBanker

Although i must admit that i have yet to see any horse trainer try to dupe people into buying their special "Horse Whisperer" water....
Yup, no water, but you must buy the "special" rope and the "special" whip (excuse me, "carrot stick") if your horse is truly going to progress past Level 1. Honestly, I have yet to see anyone who professes to be an animal whisperer of any species who doesn't make me want to buy a Majik Carrot Stick and shove it somewhere dark....

Read the entire first book (borrowed from a friend who got it as a gift - as someone else said, he's not getting my money). Watched a good chunk of episodes, until it got so bad I had to turn it off. The episode where he was chasing the terrified sheltie around the house with the toaster almost made me cry, as it was during a time when Meg still had a lot of fear issues. I don't need to see anything past that. I consider that incidence to be abuse, plain and simple.

bubbatd

Personally I hate that he's gotten so commercial and will not buy anything with his name on it /

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Yup, no water, but you must buy the "special" rope and the "special" whip (excuse me, "carrot stick") if your horse is truly going to progress past Level 1. Honestly, I have yet to see anyone who professes to be an animal whisperer of any species who doesn't make me want to buy a Majik Carrot Stick and shove it somewhere dark....
But don't you realize that if you don't buy the carrot stick and don't get past level one then you won't POSSIBLY be able to have a good relationship with your horse?!?!

Members online

No members online now.