Wonderful two days!!

adojrts

Yep, we got our last Q's this weekend to finish our Bronze Expert Steeplechase Title, those last two Q's were a few months arriving. We had a great two days of agility, which will probably be our last for 2009, but we went out with a bang.

A run down of our two days:

Friday:
Steeplechase 1: Qualifying score plus 1st, our first run of the day and he was on fire!
Steeplechase 2:, NQ, I blew it, call him just has he was going in the right entrance of a tunnel which resulted in him flying into the wrong entrance :( faulted. Stupid error on my part, but otherwise the run was awesome and fast.
Masters Gamblers: lol I screwed up and thought my Gambles where in one ring, I was wrong it was in the other ring, along with not even peaking at the course map and the next thing I knew they were calling me as the next dog in. Ran over, asked a friend what the mini and main gambles were, watched the dog in the ring, formed a very fast game plan and then entered.............he nailed everything for me, AND we got the Main Gamble!! So with no walk through, no course map..........we got it and Q'd with a 1st :rofl1:

3rd Steeplechase of the day, our weave problems came back to haunt us, therefore over time by 2 seconds: NQ

Masters Gamblers: Good opening, lots of points earned, but in the wrong place when the buzzer blew (got greedy lol), sent him wrong into the main because time was a ticking and didn't support him enough.........he back jumped: NQ

Saturday:

Steeplechase 1: Rocked it! 1st and Q'd, which gave us the Title.........Happy Dance in the ring :D

Masters Jumpers 1: Clean, smok'n fast, he saved my butt........1st and Q!!

Steeplechase 2: Our best run by far all weekend, he was flying, 1st and another Q!! Only one other dog ran it faster and that was a sink'n fast BC from the 22 inch division. Ghilly ran it in 25.01, Petie in 26.74, not bad considering how fast Ghilly can weave :) no comparing the weave skills between her and Petie lol.

Masters Jumpers 2: We were tired but running very well and still fast, had an awesome call off (nasty decoy jump lol), 1st and a Q!!

Our total: 9 runs over the two days, 6 Q's and one Title.

Petie is such a good boy, happy and working so amazing for me. I am very proud of my ol boy.

I took Who with me, she was awesome, super friendly with everyone and is a pro at giving puppy kisses to strangers lol. My goodness she met at least a couple of hundred people if not more, from babies to old men and everything in between and she greeted them all the same way, tongue and tail going a mile a minute and climbing into their arms from mine.
She was also introduced to many different dogs of all ages,sizes and breeds (as long as they were puppy friendly of course). I was very pleased with how she greeted new dogs, not fearful on any level but not silly either by jumping on them etc. Nice happy greetings that were very positive and it showed her to have excellent puppy manners that included respect lol.

She got to spend time in the x-pen with one of her littermates that has gone onto a new home, he too was at the trial both days. I was very pleased that she didn't kick up a fuss at other dogs passing the x-pen (or at anytime for that matter) and I am especially pleased that she is confident enough not to bark or cry when I left with or without Petie and that included being left alone when her bro wasn't there either. Of course there wasn't a shortage of babysitters more than willing to take her, just very nice to not have a need for them!! Good puppy :D

All in all, a very good couple of days. Pic's to follow, promise :)

Cheers

BostonBanker

Congratulations! I really think you and Petie need to come south and do some USDAA so I can see him run:). He sounds like one of those dogs you just have to stop and watch!

And I agree, we need pictures of both him and the pup.

adojrts

Thanks everyone, we had a wonderful time and needless to say I am very proud of my guys.

BB, Yes I think that would be a great idea, I have always wanted to try USDAA. Hopefully next year we can do it. Are there any winter indoor trials that you go too? That is also possible for me.

Doberluv

Oh wow! How did I miss this? That is just great. Congratulations on such a great job. It sounds like you had a really fun time too! Well done!

Members online

No members online now.