Why I put Brenna down.

scob89

DILLIGAF?
as most of you know, I've had to put Brenna to sleep recently, I am only posting this to explain why. I feel better about it now, and have absolutely no regrets about it at all.

Pretty much to sum it all up, Brenna got a big lump on the back of her neck a while ago and i had it removed and there was something like a 70% chance that it would not come back, I was told that before I had the lump removed, I was also told that she was too old and it wasn't worth it to get the lump removed.

I had the lump removed anyway and she recovered just fine. All was well up unit about a week and 1/2 ago. I got a call on my cell around 3 in the morning saying that Brenna was sounding weird when she was howling. and not in a good way, She normally howled for me while I was away. She was really concerned about Brenna which is NOT normal, so i just left that morning to go see Bren.

When I got there an picked her up, I knew something was not right, she was acting very weird and making low wimpers.

I thought cuddling with her would make her more happy, but that's when i found out that she was in pain.

I didn't even sleep after that, I was just sitting there with her until the vet's opened. I took her in there and told them what was going on and what needed to be done. The vet knew me pretty well so her just went in the back while I went n one of the rooms and he got me the needle prefilled and left the two of us alone.

I just held her in my arms and put her down, just holding her while she passed. She was happy and not afraid when she went. I drove her home and it started to rain on the drive home, it was still raining the entire time I buried her.

I;m still hurting, but she is better now and pain free.

Dekka

Just try me..
She knew Scob, and you with her in the end. None of us can wish for more than loving arms embracing us as we pass.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am so sorry SCob. So terribly sorry I know you loved her like no other.
(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) and tears. She died in the only place she should have.
I hope there is peace in that for you. RIP Brenna.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I am so sorry but you showed amazing strength in helping her pass before she suffered much. ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
It's an extremely tough decision, and you made the right one. She had you with her as her eyes closed, and she knew your devotion. <3

Giny

A very difficult decision, Scob, but a very loving one you too! Hope your heart will mend soon so you can start remember wonderful times you had with Brenna.

((hugs))

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Scob--I'm sure Brenna felt your love for her--you did what many could not, made a difficult decision to let Brenna be free of pain. I know it is hard--Brenna will always be with you.

Doberluv

You did what had to be done to prevent more pain and sickness in such an old dog. It took a lot of strength and a quick decision....not easy. But it was definitely the right thing. I am so sorry for your saddness in losing her. She was a lucky dog to have such a loving owner. May you find peace in the months to come. Knowing that she is no longer in pain helps but I know you'll miss her. (((HUGS)))

RIP Brenna.

Barb04

Super Moderator
My heart goes out to you Scob. You did what was best for the one you loved so much. We all know how much you meant to each other. Hugs.

Members online

No members online now.