Innova Evo and mixing it

rlmtyco

I recently bought a bag of Innova Evo and still have a decent portion left of my Solid Gold Wee Bites that I am feeding my dog currently, I am planning on switching him over to Evo as long as he does well on it. Was wondering if any harm would be done if I give him a mixture of the 2 for a week or two until the Solid Gold is all gone.

I wouldnt think it would make a difference but incase I was overlooking something I wanted to make sure. Also I have heard people say they feed way less of that Evo, my dog should weigh 12lbs and he is about 13.5lbs right now....any suggestions on serving amount for him? If I did according to the bag it would be a little bit of 3/4 cup, more along the lines of 5/6 cup but I have heard around 1/2 cup from people on here if I remember right.

Thanks in advance

I always try to look out for the best interests of my bestest friend in the world

Dekka

Just try me..
Dekka is 12 pounds and gets 1/4 of a cup. She is at the low end of the scale. Sizzle is about 15 pounds and gets a whole cup, I find she is at the top end (Kaiden who weighs about the same gets just over 1/2 a cup). If I notice they are gaining weight I cut back, if they are getting leaner I feed more.

2dogmom

Pound Puppy
Not only is it not harmful, it is always better to switch gradually rather than suddenly. Sometimes the doggies get upset stomachs so it is recommended that you first feed say 3/4 old 1/4 new for a few days, then 50-50, and then 1/4 old-3/4 new food before switching completely. Some dogs have cast iron stomachs and it makes no difference but others can get the runs, not want to eat the new food, etc, so the gradual switch helps.

Members online

No members online now.