Shows That Make You Geek Out

Kootenay

I meant to reply to this as well...

Ah, yeah. With Orphan Black I was pretty hooked to begin with, so if it's gotten meh for you, that's probably just how it's going to be. I thought Vikings S01 was great but a bit boring, and don't know if it just took me a long time to get hooked, or if it's because the second season is actually more interesting. Really great show, though, and I'm bummed that I have to wait so long for Season 3!
I think I will go back to watching Orphan Black, I was totally enjoying it and excited to start the second season. I think I will place the blame on Outlander, I find if I have one show that I'm REALLY into, like obsessed with, then it's hard for me to even watch other shows at the same time, even if I would normally like them. They just get totally overshadowed and I can't quite get into them. But there are only 2 more episodes of Outlander before they take a looong mid-season break :)cry: ), so I figure I will be able to finish up Orphan Black and Vikings then (Also, Arrow comes out pretty soon! So nice of them to organize it so that I get Arrow right when Outlander ends).

Fran27

I liked the first season of Orphan Black more than the second one, to be honest.. but it's still good.

And I agree that Downton Abbey is hilarious. I was a bit reluctant to watch because my mom loves it, but no regrets. I love Maggie Smith. Just need to wait until January for the next season, and avoid all the spoilers online.

Although I guess it's not worse than waiting for Sherlock :(

Fran27

Finally finished Breaking Bad on Monday. Good ending. It was definitely a good show.

Should finally be able to see Scorpion and Gotham tonight - has anyone seen them yet?

Kootenay

Nooooo, they finally released a date for the start of the second half of Outlander season 1, and it's not til April 4th :( :( I was thinking it would be Jan or Feb maybe, but APRIL!? Sooo long for a mid-season break. Only one more episode this weekend and then NOTHING for ages, boooo.

I really will have to find some other shows to tide me over. Arrow should run through most of that time, so that's good I guess.

I started re-watching Vikings (I had got to the beginning of the second season) because my boyfriend said he wanted to watch it too. I think I'm a little bit more critical this second watch-through, but I'm looking forward to getting into the second season. My main beef I guess at this point is that it's hard for me to watch Ragnar do things that make me hate him a bit, as the main character, I prefer characters that I can really get behind (while still being fully fleshed out characters, not perfect, just...honorable, I guess?). Maybe he'll redeem himself somewhat.

Fran27

I hope Outlander will show up on Amazon or Netflix at some point... I'm curious.

I really liked Scorpion. Didn't care that much for Gotham. We'll see.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
OMG

OMG

OMG OMG OMG

WATCH ALL THE WAY TO THE END

[YOUTUBE]NCEFMY4TWGw[/YOUTUBE]

OMG

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
OMG

OMG

OMG OMG OMG

WATCH ALL THE WAY TO THE END

[YOUTUBE]NCEFMY4TWGw[/YOUTUBE]

OMG
I KNOW

I saw this earlier and freaked the heck OUT. It's going to be an incredible final season. And as for the last bit... all I'll say is I swear it better not just be a tomb or something. I will explode.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I KNOW

I saw this earlier and freaked the heck OUT. It's going to be an incredible final season. And as for the last bit... all I'll say is I swear it better not just be a tomb or something. I will explode.
RIGHT??? If they're just setting us up OOOOOMG.

JacksonsMom

Forgot to mention I've really been enjoying 'Parenthood'. It was one of those shows I started watching a while back, liked it, but not enough to stay hooked or watch weekly, ya know... but anyway, picked up again where I left off and am now almost in season 4. I read they just started their sixth and final season so I'm trying not to go too fast as I don't want to wait week after week :p but I'm quite liking it.

It's very... 'real'. Lots of awkward dialogue much like real life is, I love the family dynamic. It's not an 'addictive' show per say in like OMGINEEDTOWATCHTHENEXTONENOW but... I'm really liking it and it's been holding my attention!

I love Parenthood. I have been a big fan since season 1 and have watched steadily season to season. I liked the 6th seasons first episode I think it will be a pretty good final season.

Fran27

Love Parenthood. Sad it's the last season, but really glad we're getting one, and we get to have closure on the story lines.

Did anyone watch Once Upon a Time? I love Frozen and I love what they've done with the characters.

crazedACD

Sons of Anarchy.. ahh. The season has been a bit slow picking up but I'm sure they don't want to kill everyone off until the end. :eek:

I almost don't want to watch the end of the series. I have an invested seven year relationship with these people and I want them to live in a fairly tale world where they are all still living (and good hearted). :p

SoCrafty

Omg. Caught the "Pilot" of "#Selfie" last night with Karen Gillan from Doctor Who. LOVE IT. Hope there will be more episodes.

Fran27

Omg. Caught the "Pilot" of "#Selfie" last night with Karen Gillan from Doctor Who. LOVE IT. Hope there will be more episodes.
Want to watch it but it's at a bad time... my DVR can't record 3 shows. I'll have to see if I can catch it on demand or online (our verizon account is messed up so we can't log in to watch stuff on ABC.com).

Fran27

Excited to see the Flash tonight.

I'm trying to like Gotham... but nope. I haven't watched last night's episode yet but I think I'm going to ditch it.

And I'm probably ditching the Originals too. I gave it a season, but... just meh.

I liked Gracepoint but yeah, way too similar to Broadchurch, although I'll be interested to see where they take that one I guess... at least we know who isn't guilty, lol.

So, disappointed that there isn't any new show that I really love. Although I might get more into things once I've caught up with Lost Girl... because I really love that one and would just watch that if I could, lol.

Members online

No members online now.