Mother-of-three watches in horror as her American Bulldog is stabbed 23 times

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
*link contains graphic pictures*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pet-owner-fight-dog.html?ICO=most_read_module

• Daisy Jenkins' dog had got into a fight with another dog near her home
  • The owner of the other dog Wayne Stearman returned with two 10-inch knives before stabbing the bulldog
  • One of the blows was so forceful that the knife bent in half in what one witness described as a 'blood bath'
  • Mr Stearman was arrested over the incident but was released without charge

I just want to cry... for lots of reasons. I think it's insane a man can stab a dog 23 times and be released.

I think it's insane an owner would let her beloved dog get into a situation where he could be stabbed.

I think they both need locking up, and the poor bulldog should have gone to someone who was going to make sure he was safe (from himself if needs be).

:(

I don't get know. I'd love lime to think i could keep any dog from harming mine in a fight without using a knife, but i certainly take whatever steps i needed to to stop the attack

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I don't get know. I'd love lime to think i could keep any dog from harming mine in a fight without using a knife, but i certainly take whatever steps i needed to to stop the attack
The point is, the attack should never have happened. She failed her dog.

She is just as much to blame for his death.

There is just no way I'd stab a dog repeatedly... I think you have to be a certain kind of person to do that.

Danefied

I don’t even know what to think... Yeah, my dog? I’m doing whatever it takes to save my dog, but... Stabbing the dog 23 times? The guy left his dog with his head in the other dog’s mouth and ran to get 3 knives?

And this:
I’m just glad it happened to me because it was only a matter of time before it killed a kid.
Irritates the snot out of me. DA does not equal HA.

yoko

I don't know about 23 times but if it came down to Yoshi or random dog that attacked her? I'm on Yoshi's side every time all the time and would definitely stab a strange dog to save her.

ETA: I definitely think that woman should hold most of the responsibility.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Has anyone actually tried acting out 23 stabs........

Once, twice.... three times even... but 23???

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I don’t even know what to think... Yeah, my dog? I’m doing whatever it takes to save my dog, but... Stabbing the dog 23 times? The guy left his dog with his head in the other dog’s mouth and ran to get 3 knives?

And this:

Irritates the snot out of me. DA does not equal HA.
Yeah I know... The ignorance of the general public never ceases to amaze me, if I hadn't read the word "dog" one would honk he was talking about a wild animal attack or something like that.

The owner may have been at fault... But accidents hAppen... We all have had dogs get out or get loose or whatever happened, she might not have known her dog was aggressive, lots of dogs are Aggressive to strange dogs even if they live with a dog at home. Ppl think since thy live with a dog then they are dog friendly, all mine are but they aLl have certain dogs they don't like for some reason... Just like ppl .

I don't know the whole story... So I'm not going to say that it was her fault too... But what that guy did, no that was wrong :(, I could see striking the dog or something but stabbing a dog 20-something times?

Assamiea

In the article, The guy said that he first kicked and punched the dog and it wouldn't let go, then he went to get the knives. He tried alternative methods to stop the attack that didn't work. What do you do when that fails? Stand by and watch the dog kill your dog or do anything in your power to save your dog?

I think that stabbing a dog 23 times seems excessive, but in the heat of the moment when you think your dog could be killed, are you really going to count how many times you stab the dog or are you just going to stab until the other dog let's go?

If what is written in the article is correct, I think it's appalling that the owner let the dog get into this situation in the first place. The owner didn't show up until 5 minutes later and according to neighbours, this dog running around unleashed and unsupervised isn't a rare occurrence and the dog has been known to go after other dogs.

Now if its later found out that the dog let go after it was stabbed and the guy continued his attack then it would be a different story, but as far as it looks right now the bulldog's owner failed her dog and the guy did what he had to do to save his dog.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
It sounds like it started because he wanted to save his dog, and then he just flew into a blind rage and kept stabbing. I could see hitting something 23 times easy, but stabbing takes a lot more force (it does say one of the knives actually bent) so he had to be really going at it. I hope those anger issues don't spill into other parts of his life.

I do feel sorry for both dogs in this case. It isn't their fault humans are stupid.

Has anyone actually tried acting out 23 stabs........

Once, twice.... three times even... but 23???
No, I've never stabbed anything or used a knife on anything that wasn't work related or on something I was going to put in my mouth.

I know If I couldn't break up the dogs and I ran to get a weapon that I knew would end it, I would use that weapon till it ended. I wouldn't go, well I stabbed it 3 times, I think that's enough and sit and try something else.

If at stab 22 a dog was still attacking, I'd go for 23 and most likely wouldn't even be counting. I'd go until it was enough to subdue and stop the attack.

crazedACD

The bulldog had a history of DA...and was let out off leash/not muzzled? What the hell is wrong with these people? I would definitely seek to end that situation as quickly as possible with whatever means I had available. I hope he sues the owner too.

I have nothing against the dog, it's too bad he ended up with an owner like that, BUT, I have little sympathy for the owner. She was hugging the dog on the sidewalk...if she has a car, she should have been throwing it in her car and going to the vet if it was still alive! The 23 times may have been double handed stabbings, if the guy came out with two and the dog didn't stop.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
No guilt... your off leash dog goes after mine with intent you may not be getting it back in a way that will matter - in fact... odds are you won't. I suspect the 23 times had more to do with the guy really not really wanting to hurt the dog and not really knowing what to do - hesitation marks.

So many here are so quick to judge this guy but it if were your dog... what wouldn't you be willing to do to save it?

Barbara!

How could they release him? The man obviously has something severely wrong with him. He needs to be committed.

It's not like in the heat of the moment you are counting how many times you are stabbing. How many makes a person "that kind of person"? Five? Ten?

As the guy said, what was he supposed to do? Just let the dog kill his dog? It's sad that the dog was killed but I would stab a dog to protect one of my dogs, too.

Kilter

It does say the dog had a history of going after other dogs, being off leash unattended and going after a kid as well. I'm sure they've complained about the dog to the police too if that's the case, and he was attacking the little dog for over five minutes before the owner wandered over and was unable to stop and control her dog.

Had I been in the same situation with the same background, and no other options, would do the same thing. Sure, we can say he could have stabbed less or gotten a chain and leashed the dog to a fence or something but who knows.

It's the owner to blame mostly for being dumb, and the authorities if they had been called in the past and the dog was still in her hands and running loose.

Barbara!

I'm sorry, but there absolutely is no excuse for stabbing a dog TWENTY THREE times. Count to twenty three in your head. Now imagine stabbing something that many times. That takes intent. You don't "accidentally" go overboard with stabbing a dog. In all likelihood, the dog was already detached from his dog, immobile, and bleeding to death while he was still continuing to stab him.

The next time I'm in a panic and fighting for my dog's life, I'll remember to keep count of how many times I stab their attacker so I don't cross someone's imaginary line.

crazedACD

I'm sorry, but there absolutely is no excuse for stabbing a dog TWENTY THREE times. Count to twenty three in your head. Now imagine stabbing something that many times. That takes intent. You don't "accidentally" go overboard with stabbing a dog. In all likelihood, the dog was already detached from his dog, immobile, and bleeding to death while he was still continuing to stab him.
The guy had two knives, I'm assuming one in each hand stabbing? on an Am Bulldog that was turned on to killing that dog. Even tasers often don't work on dogs mid attack, the dogs keep going, they either are so turned on that they don't stop, or get more frenzied. If the guy wanted to kill the dog right off he would have done it one go...it sounds to me like he was trying to do it non lethally but just kept going until the dog stopped. With all that adrenaline going..it takes time to register what's going on, even if a knife is jabbed into your organs. You'd have to hit the right parts to get the dog to drop instantly.

Actually a knife wouldn't be my first choice to try and disable a dog with.

Flyinsbt

The guy had two knives, I'm assuming one in each hand stabbing? on an Am Bulldog that was turned on to killing that dog. Even tasers often don't work on dogs mid attack, the dogs keep going, they either are so turned on that they don't stop, or get more frenzied. .
Tasers don't fail on dogs because the dogs are so intense, they fail because they aren't used properly for the species.
http://gamedogguardian.com/education-and-resources/taser-proof-pit-bull-myth

I agree, though, that a knife isn't a good stopping weapon, and wouldn't be my first choice in this sort of situation.

Members online

No members online now.