Ways to get rid of a killer hamster

~Tucker&Me~

*rolls up sleeves*

MyBabyRupert, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. And while you unwrap your presents on Christmas Morning, I want you to think about that little hamster that you so selfishly abandoned.

You don't DESERVE that hamster.

And to Joce, that WAS really offensive. I successfully keep and breed fish, have a pet mouse who lives a very good, happy life, and a very content pair of lovebirds. I am only 14.

How DARE you say that. Don't you hate it when people lump your dobe into the aggressive dog category? Well, you're doing the EXACT same thing. It's called stereotyping, and it unfair and extremely offending.

*growls*

~Tucker

~Tucker&Me~

And what do you expect when some moron says they are throwing their put outside and abandoning it because of something they allowed to happen and that WAS THEIR FAULT. That is a typical reaction from anyone who GIVES A **** ABOUT ANIMALS.

Obviously you do care about them. We see that, you are very young and have a lot of responsibility, the comments are for the original poster, not you.

I expect that the person calls the INDIVIDUAL a moron, not the rest of us.

:rolleyes:

Wow you guys are just like Pet Talk! Exactly the same...good god.

What did you expect?

"Oh hon, we feel SO bad for you. Those darned hamsters! They have to learn to get along! Maybe throwing him out will teach him a thing or two."

This is a case of animal abuse. It's only normal for people who love animals to react this way.

:rolleyes:

~Tucker

neapolitanpitbull

Never enough pets
Good for you, I believe that comment was directed to the OP, not you. But on a side note, 11 years old is A CHILD.

And what do you expect when some moron says they are throwing their put outside and abandoning it because of something they allowed to happen and that WAS THEIR FAULT. That is a typical reaction from anyone who GIVES A **** ABOUT ANIMALS.

Obviously you do care about them. We see that, you are very young and have a lot of responsibility, the comments are for the original poster, not you.
Thanks but you made it sound like you were saying it to all kids, the way you said it.

neapolitanpitbull

Never enough pets
Wowee ~Tucker&Me~ you've got quite the little attitude there!

Quit giving a sh**, its over, okay? The hamster is fine now. There is nothing to worry about now. Shes not getting thrown outside, ok?

~Tucker&Me~

What can I say, I actually care about the poor critter. It's called being passionate about animals ;).

I just hope that whatever unfortunate animal this person acquires next gets a half decent life.

~Tucker

CanadianK9

This is why kids don't need pets of their own
I dont think its fair to generalize kids and young people, and if anything I know alot of kids and youth that would do alot better than most of the adults that **think** they know how to care for animals.

Alot of kids and youth can be just as talented as adults, thinking they arent at all is just closed minded.

Good for you, I believe that comment was directed to the OP, not you. But on a side note, 11 years old is A CHILD.

You know what......you f.....nevermind I will just get right to the point.
FIRST OF ALL DONT GO AROUND CALLING PEOPLE YOU DONT KNOW MORONS. ITS NOT GOING TO GET YOU ANYWHERE IN LIFE AND ITS JUST PLAIN RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL. WHATS GONNA HAPPEN WHEN YOU CALL SOME TOUGH KID A MORON AND S/HE COMES AND BEATS THE HELL OUT OF YOU?
I DO GIVE S **** ABOUT ANIMALS.. I HAVE 11 OF THEM AND I TAKE **** GOOD CARE OF THEM. NUTMEG ATTACKED ME AND KILLED MY HAMSTER. SHE WAS A DWARF HAMSTER NOT A FRICKIN CHINESE HAMSTER LIKE YOU GUYS SAY. THE PET STORE SAID THEY ARE DWARVES AND THATS WHAT THEY ARE SO IT WAS NOT IN HER BLOOD TO KILL MARCY!!! SHE BITES THE HELL OUT OF ME AND I HAVE DONE NOTHING TO THE THING BUT I WAS MAD WHEN SHE KILLED MY OTHER HAMSTER AND I KNOW, I AM POSITIVE ALL OF YOU WOULD, TOO.
I DONT CARE IF YOUR DOG KILLED YOUR HAMSTER WHOEVER POSTED THAT BECAUSE IT IS IN A BOXERS BLOOD TO KILL HAMSTERS BUT IT IS NOT IN A DWARF HAMSTERS BLOOD TO KILL ANOTHER DWARF.
QUIT GIVING A **** IM NOT DOING ANYTHING TO THE FRICKIN HAMSTER, OK??
YOU ALL ACT LIKE IMMATURE KIDS PRETENDING TO BE ADULTS VANDALIZING THIS FORUM.

CanadianK9

I think its time everyone calms down, quits name calling, demeaning or egging on each other, and start posting civily, every last one of you, or a Mod will be contacted and the thread will be closed.

otch1

Hi Neopolitan... haven't spoken for awhile! Not to minimalize this, but I read... someone owns a hampster, found it to be aggressive. It killed his/her other hampster, no home for it, ready to set it free, now you have it. In a nutshell? You are close to me... give Homeward Pets foster group a call. Office is 10 minutes down the road from me, 25 min. from you, in Woodinville. They will help you find an appropriate home. In the meantime, a little behavioral modification is required in order to safely handle it. Take away its food/pellet. Whip up a mix of ground vegetable/fruit. Go on-line for appropriate hamster diet. It's really very easy. "Cujo" gets an 1/8th of a teaspoon offered to her by hand, twice a day. Careful, those little round bodies can leap. She needs to see your hand is entering the cage to offer food. If she goes after you, take it away. There is no correction, be patient. At night, give her a measured amount of her hampster food so she's still eating. Next day try again. In a few days she should come to the spoon. In time she should take it from a gloved hand verses spoon, eventually climbing on your hand. I bought a beautiful baby Teddybear hamspter for my son once. He opened the petstore box and laid his hand out for him to crawl on. It bit him very aggressively and drew blood. Needless to say, it became my hampster and in time was a nice pet. But at the time, my son was so upset he wanted to squish him! They're quirky little animals... appeal to their basic instincts, hunger and more importantly, be patient! Good luck!

LMAO. If this isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Seriously, you brought it on yourself. Threatening to throw it out into the wild in 30 degree weather if no one took it by said date. It's called responsibility. Learn about it. People aren't always going to be around to clean up your messes.

No one even needs to know your numeric age. You showed your maturity level with your posts.

skyeboxer

Another forum I am part of has a system of regulation whereby each member can judge an individual post to be good, bad or not vote at all. In this sorry thread, Otch1 would have an outstanding positive vote. I do not need to comment on the OP.

Otch1 that was helpful, non-judgemental and totally cool. You are my hero. ;)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I DONT CARE IF YOUR DOG KILLED YOUR HAMSTER WHOEVER POSTED THAT BECAUSE IT IS IN A BOXERS BLOOD TO KILL HAMSTERS BUT IT IS NOT IN A DWARF HAMSTERS BLOOD TO KILL ANOTHER DWARF.
Here we go again on the "bully" breeds are not friendly! :mad:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I agree with Tucker&Me ;)

joce

Sorry kiddies but when it comes down to it its your parents that own the pets and this kids parents are irrresponcible and did not think this through at all. There are lots of kids that would do great with pets but if their parents can't agree to take that on it can't happen.

I'm not exactly sure why it is so deamining to say that.I get some kids can handle it,I had pets when I was little but my parents would have beat me if I told them I was letting them go-they knew they had final responcibility with them.

My point is a little kid should not be making life or death decision with their hamster because they have no clue-thats why you have parents at this age.

Its the same reason I feel bad for kids who would take care of pets but if their parents are not going to vet them etc then its jsut to bad-I firmly beleive if a parent won't take responcibility for a pet then it should not be in the home. A kid could love and care for any pet great but when it comes down to a 1400$ vet bill a kid can't own a dog on their own.

And I don't mean that to be offensive but you see posts like that all the time on dog forums-"I'm 12,love my dog,and my parents won't get it surgery to take off this hanging tumor-or keep ot from having puppies etc".

Last edited:
WOW!

I have had 3 dwarf hamsters (2 which are still living today) and one teddy bear hamster which recently passed away of old age(he lived to be 3!) This is not against whoever posted that kids shouldn't have pets, this is to inform the OP that some people actually care about thier pets like almost everyone here on Chaz... I NEVER would put my hamsters together for this exact reason. I know that most dwarfs can live fine and happily together, BUT I don't like taking risks with living, breathing animals, therefore from the second i got them(about 2 months apart) they were in their own seperate habitrails... Never once did I consider getting 2 at once for a "companion" because I know that they can live just as happily when on thier own. ANYWAY, my point is, you have to plan for the future, and when you got your hamsters you should of considered the possibility of them hurting eachother and prepared for it... What would you do if you were put in a cage with another person and were expected to live with them your whole life? Your bound (sp?) to fight sometime and although you might not kill the other person, hamsters don't know any better... I absolutely HATE animal cruelty and personally, I think that the cruel people should be put under the circumstances that they put their pets in!

BTW: One of my hamsters, Chip, was very vicious when I got him, and after about 2 months of having him and proper training he became the most loving hamster you would ever meet... All it takes is time and patience to love an animal... Your hamster and animals in general give you their whole life and all of their love and the least you can do is give some love back

I think that this problem has been resolved. It's time to end this now as it has gone beyond the original topic.

neapolitanpitbull

Never enough pets
I guess she wasn't mine after all. She was given to a 6 year old and then given back..eek.

Don't get all worked up on me anyone, I have done nothing whatsoever.
Otch, why don't you take her? Or is that like impossible for you?
P.S. Sorry I couldnt make it to the show

Why were you guys still getting worked up? She wasn't get thrown outside, or is that not good enough for you?
Thanks for the coo post Otch. And yeah, why don't you take her?
The hamster is fine. She went to a 6 year old for 30 minutes and came right back. I guess we are going to find a rescue or something in the area if I can. I know of an all pet rescue one of my friends called for their leopard gecko and maybe I will call them. But that is only going to happen if I cannot find a home for her by myself this month. I posted her on craigslist & petfinder. I don't usually post pets on craigslist but in this case it's fine. Petfinder helped me find a home for my GSD, too.
Breawna (neopit) spent the weekend here & took her out with leather gloves. She no longer bites and will climb right up onto your hand. I never new an evil little hamster like her could turn into such a sweetpea. I am still not going to keep her though, she will go to another home nice and tame, if that's possible. She only comes when she feels like it.
I really need a home for her. Does anyone know of anyone or does anyone themselves want to adopt her?

otch1

Hi all... thanks Skyeboxer, that was very nice of you. And Rupert, yes... I will take her. I am emailing you with my phone number today. Not a problem. She isn't an appropriate pet for a 6 yr old. Your feelings for her are not likely to change, now that she's killed another one of your pets. That's o.k... there's the right home out there for every creature. I'm busy with my boarding business thru Christmas, you're welcome to bring her to me after that. And Neopolitan, you didn't miss the show. I have several coming up in January. Come on out if you want to see some cool dogs!

Members online

No members online now.