Newborn Puppy Urgent

Bunny82

Hi everyone. I am posting this for one of the gals in a facebook group I am a member of, she has a newborn pup in her care, barely a day old. Momma Dog belongs to one of her friends and was not nursing so she stepped in to try and save this puppy, actually it was two originally. One sadly did not make it. ANY advise is appreciated as are words of encouragement/support and prayers. I did provide the link to Chaz so she can post here herself but in the meantime PLEASE HELP!!!! Thank you!

S

SevenSins

Did the person check for cleft palate? How warm are they keeping the puppy? Are you saying that the bitch is refusing to nurse the puppy, or the puppy is refusing to nurse on the bitch?

Bunny82

I am not sure the answer to all your questions so I passed them on so I could be sure to have correct responses. I will post answers as soon as I hear something. Thank you.

Bunny82

Still waiting for answers to the questions asked, thus far looking back through posts I kniw momma seemed to be fairly old, a scar on her stomach lead friends friend to believe she had been spayed. When my friend arrived three pups in the litter were already dead amd momma had piled them in the corner, she was pretty much laying on the surviving pups and seemed to be grieving. The pups my friend is trying to save, the one who passed did not have a cleft palate and I do not believe the surviving pup has one but I am still waiting this to be confirmed.

Bunny82

Surviving pup seems to be taking well to bottle feeding. Pees upon wiping but has only pooped once or twice ("ugly, dark, little stringy, little seedy looking, what I would expect from a human newborn") Seems to like to be held for warmth.

Also the three pups that passed momma "was licking them like she wanted to care for them"

yoko

I think the best thing would be for you to keep pushing for them to join up here. There are a lot of questions that would probably need to be asked and it would just be easier and faster for her/him to be here.

thehoundgirl

Has the pup been taken to the vet to make sure everything is ok? That would be my suggestion, hope the puppy will be ok. :)

Bunny82

Thanks everyone. I am passing on the info and again extending the offer to join here as I agree that will be the easiest way to help.

Members online

No members online now.