Vancouver 2010 Torch Relay - Ottawa

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
So JessLough, the boy and I did the volunteer thing tonight, working Lost Children's Services for the combination of Christmas Lights Across Canada and the Ottawa leg of the torch relay to Vancouver. got some pretty cool photos of Parliament Hill downtown and the event itself.

The National War Memorial, on the way to Parliament. It looks really imposing at night. o__o

Centre block of Parliement, including the Peace Tower, with the soundstage in front of it, prepping for showtime.

Parliament was slowly changing colours. I liked that the rooflights are different from the rest. Here, we have yellow/red.

Close-up of the Peace Tower.

JessLough and friend Megan with the glowy Coca-Cola bottles we got from the Coca-Cola sponsor camp.

David and my BF Matt. Matt is holding the tambourines that RBC were giving out in the RBC sponsor camp (this whole event was LOADED with sponsor freebies).

L to R: Me, JessLough, Megan, David.

CANADA!! This was actually where they were giving out...

FREE BEAVERTAILS! But the lineup was insane, so we didn't bother.

A cool pic of the stage + Parliament, now with crowds.

-MORE-

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
As part of Christmas Lights Across Canada, these little candles-in-cups are handed out to everyone. It fit well with the torch relay, since they look a little like mini-torches.

Holding our candles. I put mine in, too!

More multicoloured Parliament.

The torch! Coming up the street to the hill. (on the screen)

Made it to the stage! (The gentleman on stage in the blue jacket is our Prime Minister, Stephen Harper.)

Using the torch to light the Olympic cauldron.

As we sang the National Anthem... they turned on the tree lights, and the gorgeous snowflake lights across centre block.

-FEW MORE-

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Close-up of the Peace Tower with the snowflakes.

Fireworks along the base of Parliament. How many countries have centres of politics that actually permit explosives? ;)

More fireworks

Remember, remember the fifth of Novenber...

Merry Christmas!

That's all!

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I really love the photo of the Peace Tower with the snowflakes!

But one thing stood out to me in this post. FREE BEAVERTAILS?!?! OMG they're my favourite thing ever. The closest place to me to get Beavertails is the Toronto Zoo, and only during the summer :(

Dekka

Just try me..
I know eh Julia.. all those awesome pics and that was the one that made me go.. wait whut? lol.

Members online