Untrained Blue Heeler Mix

T

tksmom

My daughter's boyfriend bought her a blue heeler mix puppy about 4 months ago. It was a rescue and didn't even weigh a lb when she brought her home. The pup, Sabrina, now weighs about 60 lbs, very loving, active and terrorizes the other dogs. My daughter is now 7 mths pregnant on complete bedrest and I work all day. This leaves the pup bored all day, so she is completely destroying everything that isn't tied down in the house...shredding books, magazines, shoes. She's also digging up the back yard and has destroyed both of my flower beds. I'm worried about when the baby comes and hate the idea but think without any alternatives, we'll have to adopt her out. My daughter has had to give up every dog she's ever had so I hate the idea but I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

T

tksmom

Unfortunately, the boyfriend isn't in the picture that much, so him helping out with the training isn't an option. I know a new baby doesn't mean I have to get rid of the pup, but as hyper as she is, I'm just concerned with safety issues. We've looked into training where they come to your home, but right now it's not in our budget (costs more than going to the school).

Members online

No members online now.