The Venting Thread

SpringerLover

I found a breeder I adored. One I trusted to get a puppy from.

And then today she told me more things about her/her program/her dogs and I have a MAJOR sad.

Such a huge sad. Way more sad than I should be sad. And no puppy from this breeder.

Guess I'm going back to waiting until I can raise/whelp an ESRA litter, or I can convince them to leave tails on.

So, so, so, sad. Harumph. Why do people have to make such ridiculous choices sometimes?!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'd love to blame it all on the alcohol, but let's face it - my decision-making skills are nonexistent. My thought process is "Wow, that seems like a terrible decision. Hmm. That makes it more tempting. YES YES LET'S DO IT!"
I KNEW I LEFT TOO SOON. I was too dizzy and tired to stay, but I knew I was going to miss all the fun. :(

Grab

Guess I'm going back to waiting until I can raise/whelp an ESRA litter, or I can convince them to leave tails on.
Completely unrelated, but we have an ESRA dog at work right now, waiting on his foster person to get him next weekend. He's pretty adorable :)

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Still no power, fled to my grandmother's house and now she's without power as well. It's getting cold and dark and I'm so, so bored. At least Seamus is being good. Wooo ice storm 2013!

SpringerLover

Completely unrelated, but we have an ESRA dog at work right now, waiting on his foster person to get him next weekend. He's pretty adorable :)
Because he's a springer, duh! :)

Also, thank you for holding him! I love how the ESRA network works. We can get to a very, very large percentage of dogs, being a national rescue organization.

A vent: stupid, stupid customers today.

"My terrier is SO dominant, he gets up on the kitchen table!" If you had even heard of dominance related to height seeking, then I might have believed you for more than... uh, never. It's called training, mental stimulation, and physical exercise. Please, stop calling it dominance.

*headdesk*

Paviche

Duuuuude.
2 of the dogs I'm watching this week are crated whenever I'm not there. They get two 30 minute visits per day, starting today through Friday. 23 hours in a crate, per day, all week. It's just... really bothering me. :(

2 of the dogs I'm watching this week are crated whenever I'm not there. They get two 30 minute visits per day, starting today through Friday. 23 hours in a crate, per day, all week. It's just... really bothering me. :(
Wow, that's a long time in a crate, and it bothers you because you care, I wonder how any owner could be ok with leaving a dog like that?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I hate being the low person on the totem pole at work! We have our 2014 calendar so now is the time when everyone starts putting down their vacation time. Due to being a small clinic, only 1 person can request off on any given day. We pass the calendar around in order of seniority, so I get it last. Can I take off Black Friday? Nope. Can I take any days around Christmas? Nope. Can I even take off my birthday?? Nope. Unfortunately it is ALWAYS going to be this way unless people quit... I am never going to get off the days that I really want. :/

I have nothing planned in the future where I NEED to put down my vacation time right now, but I went ahead and took off the week of the 4th of July before someone else does! I guess I could just take random time off but I don't know, I kind of want to use them around holidays or when other people have time off, too.

Saeleofu

Wow, that's a long time in a crate, and it bothers you because you care, I wonder how any owner could be ok with leaving a dog like that?
FWIW, that's more uncrated time than the dogs that boarded at the clinic I worked at got. They got one 2-3 minute walk 2-3 times a day, the rest was in their crate.

At least know it's a temporary thing. It sucks for this week, but next week the dogs will be back to their normal lives.

FWIW, that's more uncrated time than the dogs that boarded at the clinic I worked at got. They got one 2-3 minute walk 2-3 times a day, the rest was in their crate.

At least know it's a temporary thing. It sucks for this week, but next week the dogs will be back to their normal lives.
Yes is suppose you are right, but if would hope they got to see people more :( I don't board my dogs because I feel bad for them.

Saeleofu

thankfully didn't offend anyone by walking out naked to get water,
When I had roommates, my friend/roommate/coworker decided to get drunka and have a party with just the two of us one night. UV Pong and then more shots. I sprained my ankle running through the house, then went to bed. Apparently at some point at night I got hot, so I got naked. Then I deicded I needed water, but since I couldn't bear weight on my ankle, I crawled on my hands and knees naked to the kitchen to get water. Thankfully, my roommates were all still asleep :rofl1:

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Greyhound sucks big time. My brother's bus dropped him off in idaho because they said they couldn't make it over the pass. They didn't say they'd wait, or give them any options for alternate travle, and they had chains on the bus.

So I got four calls at 6am but my phone was on silent so I didn't hear it. When I woke up I called him at 10am and he was tired and grumpy and gave me some **** about not picking up my phone and it could've been an emergency. T_T

So he couldn't find any other way out, the Amtrack was out of power, no buses going anywhere, so he was stuck for a while. Then one of the guys he was in basic with said he lives in Moses Lake and his wife was picking him up so he could ride with him. Well that's two hours away in the right direction I would be heading to take him home anyways. So luckily that guy let him stay with him and his family for the night so I had to make an impromptu trip down to Lakewood.

Which would be fine, I needed to come down in January so just a bit earlier than planned. The problem is now I'm stuck here until Jan 1st and I didn't have time to find someone to take care of Tameraire and so I did my best to make his critter keeper nice and comfy. I put a leafy plant, a little hut, some dirt on the bottom and kept it covered near the heater and sprayed it a few times on the way. He luckily made it, but this isn't the best place for him. The areas that are warm aren't safe from kat, and the areas that are safe aren't warm enough. >_<

So all in all greyhound sucks, I'm tired, food at home is going to be spoiled when I get back, I have no money since I had to go sooner than expected, Temraire is probably not super comfortable, and I'm super stressed out. Argh.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
BB, that's terrible!! :yikes: I hope something ends up working out...
Thanks, this isn't the first time I've known someone get dropped off in a random city by greyhound either. My sisters ex got dropped off in a random city because his bus broke down and greyhound sent a smaller bus that only fit 2/3 of the people on the original bus so they just left the other 1/3 of people where they where and said "sorry, tough luck." :eek::eek:

It worked out kind of. Luckily my brother made it within two hours of me and was in a place with a guy from his basic training and so I picked him up and got him home safely today. I'm so glad that guy offered to let him stay with his family, it really made a big difference!

I'm just super stressed out now, have no money, no dog food (of course forgot to bring it in the rush) so the dogs are eating a crappy food they can't handle (especially Talon), I'm not sure how I'll get by three days when I get back without any money and all my food spoiled, and I'm worried about Tameraire just surviving.

I just want 2013 to be over already. :(

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
On the topic of dogs being crated for a long time I feel terrible. We are so busy at work that my dogs are going to spend a lot more time crated than usual. Yesterday I tried to take Cricket and Joey to the dog park so they could have some time to stretch out before being crated for a week, but of course it was pouring rain so no dog park. I have to work this whole week. The only day off I have is Wednesday and we will be at my grandparents all day and I'm not allowed to bring any of my dogs so they will be at home crated even then. Just want this week over with.

Also... I'm beyond stressed out and irritated at a coworker who I have to deal with all week. Dealing with this person's BS lately has been enough to make me want to quit my job. Tack that on with us having a TON of dogs boarding and well.... Ugh. I wish I could go into more detail, but we have a new rule at work that we are not allowed to post stuff about work on any social media sites are publicly online at all. That in itself is another vent. Ugh.

Tulah was coughing last night. And I don't know if it was because she inhaled a wood chip in her pen outside or something, or if she has kennel cough. And we leave for the holidays tomorrow night. Flipping awesome.

Members online

No members online now.