Poor Dog Being "Trained" in the Park

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
Today I went for a hike with Shippo, and we ended up at a nice little park. I took out my camera and started snapping some pictures of Shippo, when a man and his dog walked by. The dog was a nervous-looking overweight black lab.

As he walked by, I could hear the man yelling "NO! HEEL!" At the dog, followed by the sound of a chain being jerked. From the sound of it, he wasn't even doing it right (not that I really agree with the yank and crank method to begin with). His timing was WAY off and he was correcting AS he yelled out the "command." This continued as the man made an entire lap around the park. I did my best to just not pay attention, and to focus on my own dog, because really there was not a whole lot I could've said.

Once I was finished taking pictures, I threw the ball a couple times for Shippo and then we took one more lap of our own and left. I felt sorry for the poor dog. It's too bad it's so common to "train" like that still.

xpaeanx

:( poor dog. I was driving this morning, and I saw this woman walking her dog with a choke collar on... except she was holding his head so tight that his neck was stretched as far up as it could go(with the collar DIGGING into his neck) before his front feet would come off the ground.

It was so sad. :(

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I posted in this section a while ago about a day at FOHA where I saw a woman correct a dog she adopted from us when the dog reacted to another dog by yelling "bah!" throwing a bag of water in her dog's face.

Obviously she had used BarkBusters.

Tazwell

I posted in this section a while ago about a day at FOHA where I saw a woman correct a dog she adopted from us when the dog reacted to another dog by yelling "bah!" throwing a bag of water in her dog's face.

Obviously she had used BarkBusters.

Interesting... :confused:

Anyway, many people don't even use those methods correctly, ever. Most People think that a choke chain is just something you need to use on a dog. They throw a choke collar on the dog, and expect it to stop or hinder the pulling. Fail...

Members online