So, About that Petfinder...

Whoops, I took one home...

This is Ripley, I believe he is around 4 months now. He was found in a box, left in a ditch to die with his sister. Thankfully a couple taking a bike ride, decided to take a break where they were and they were turned over to a shelter. They stayed in foster care until it was time to be adopted.

Anyhow, somehow I got picked out of all the applicants and here we are. I did a couple meet/greets, brought Rolyx to assure they got along and I discovered quite a unique puppy.

It was a bit of a rough start, but now that we got a routine down...he's settling in nicely. His sister was most def an aussie mix, and though there's a chance they could have different fathers or not be related at all...I really see the aussie in his ears, so think it is safe to assume he is as well. He also has a very houndy backside, so he's got that too. Being told catahoula, but if he is...sure doesn't act like it. He's a bit more on the mellow side, loves to cuddle and very sweet natured [not saying catas can't be, just from what I've read they seem to differ greatly in personalities].

He makes my skin itch and break out. I have never, ever had allergies to a dog so I am thinking it has something to do with the food and will hopefully improve with time. I've had him on my food for about a month, and though I notice he's itching less...I'm still breaking out. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Anyhow, just thought I'd introduce him. :)

joce

Cute!! Certain breeds do that to me. Shar peis and some pits.

Congrats!!!

Thanks, yeah I'm not sure...I've been around aussies and hound breeds before and never had an allergic reaction. Hopefully it clears itself up with time.

Members online

No members online now.